CHAPTER-03

Author's POV
The Next Day

Shreenika completed her work and looked at her wrist watch..  She quickly collected the files and got up to submit them..

She reached to Vihaan's cabin just to find it lock..  She looked around and found his secretary Misha walking..

She ran behind her and asked about him..

"Misha.. " She called her from a distance.. Misha turned behind and passed a smile to her..

"Hey.. What happened..? "she asked while walking towards her..
"Vihaan sir kahin gye hai kya.. ?" She asked while looking around..

"Haan.. Sir aaj half day pe hai.. Koi kaam tha kya..? " she asked while pointing at the files Shreenika was holding.

"Haan.. Vo files submit karni thi.. " she scoffed.. Misha chuckled and took the files from her grip..
"Sir asked me to get these from you..  Main tumhare pass hi aa rhi thi.. "

She handed her the files and left the office.
She again checked the time and bit her tongue.. She was already 15 minutes late for her meeting or date..

She reached the place and found the guy sitting on the table which her mother booked for them..

She took a breathe and corrected her posture.. She tried few smiles but decided to go with no smile..
(Weirdo)

Her heels were clicking loudly in the empty restaurant..

She tapped his back and held her breathe..
The guy turned around just to give her the biggest shock of life..

Vihaan looked at her shocked state and mentally sighed.. He was already prepared for this..  He knew her reaction would be bewildered..

"Umm.. Hello.. " he tried making her come out her shock state..

She closed her eyes and again looked at him..  She wanted to run away..  She didn't wanted this..

"Hi.. " her voice came out as a whisper.. They both settled at their seats and Vihaan offered her some water to calm her senses down..

She sipped the water and breathed a few time to make herself calm..

"I will say honestly.. I knew I was going to meet you.. " Vihaan's said and looked at her..

"Then why you said yes.. " she tried to sound defensive.. She wanted him to reject her..

"I don't know..  It just felt right.. " he replied and settled back on the chair..

"Getting married to me felt right.. " Shreenika replied mentally..

"We can take time......
Unless you don't want to marry me.. " he said the last line in a low voice..

"I don't want to..
I don't want to marry you or anybody else.. " she wanted to scream..

"Please relax yourself.. Sorry,  but have habit of speaking too much.. " he lightly chuckled trying to make the atmosphere lighten..

They ordered their lunch and started eating quietly.. None of them dared to break the silence..

"I thought you were married..! " Shreenika said while sipping water..
Vihaan's looked at her with done face..

"Yeah.. I am..  Wanted to get a second wife.." he replied sarcasticaly..

Shreenika remained quiet and continued with her food..

After completing their lunch Shreenika decided to continue with the conversation..

"Sir.."
"Please..  We are not in office.. You can call me Vihaan.." he said with a fake sad voice..

"V-Vihaan.. I need some time..  My mom wanted us to meet that is why I showed up.. I can't tell you if I want to marry you or not..
If you want you can wait or just move on..  And.. Sorry for being late" she said with no expressions..

He wanted to reply but remained quiet.. He nodded and they ended their "date"

Vihaan's was driving back home while thinking about Shreenika..

"Was she only doing this for her parents..
  She didn't wanted him..
Was he really keeping too much expectations from her.. ?
Why she didn't replied to him..? Why was she so quiet.. ?
She was not like this..
Are 10 years really that long..?
Is age really a big matter for her..?"

He reached his home after drive of 20 minutes..
He came back to his room and looked at the picture frame of her..
Did she really changed..?  He asked while looking at the picture..
When she grew up this much..?
When she stopped smiling..?
When she stopped being herself..?

On other hand Shreenika reached her house and ignored her mother who wanted to ask questions..

She came inside on her room and locked it from inside..  She slid down from the door and looked around.. 

She felt betrayed..
She felt worst..
She wanted to cry but her eyes felt weak..
She wanted to scream.. But her throat dried..
She didn't wanted this..
She didn't wanted him..
She hated herself for getting into his eyes..
She hated him for selecting her..

WHY HER..????
This is all she wanted to ask him..
This is all she wanted to ask the whole world..

TBC