For Maham, her honor was everything. She hated being scolded or yelled at in front of anyone.

Maryam frowned at her request but then took a look around and found everyone looking at them. Smiling sheepishly, she grabbed her daughter's hand and pulled her outside the hall. Somewhere more private.

"You traitor!" Rumaiza slapped Raza's arm as she narrowed her eyes at him. Raza failed to meet her eyes as he tried to ignore the stinging sensation where she slapped.

The woman has gotten strength!

"You don't know how she gets when she is angry" He muttered, knowing very well that even Hamza couldn't handle her when she gets angry. He muttered a silent prayer for Maham out of love for his little niece.

"Are you scared of her? " She had a teasing glint in her tone and he groaned.

" No! Why would I?" He looked away and stood up, walking outside. Rumaiza remembered her motive and reminised her anger once again.

"You can't go like that!"

"Look! I am not blind, nor am I kid to not understand what the so-called lover of yours and a woman were doing in a lavish restaurant famous for couples, on a fine evening!" He finally acknowledged her concerns making her sigh.

" She is his friend. I know her, I met her before! And I spoke with Riyaz, he told me there is nothing like that! You are being worried for nothing! " Raza's jaw clenched at her words.

Nothing?

Well.

"Fine! But still, I don't think I like that man." He grumbled out, walking to his room.

"Raza-" Rumaiza stood in front of him, frowning.

"No! Cut it. I can't do this Rum rum! Just leave me out of this" He held his hand up in the air, dismissing her. Rumaiza was on the brink of tearing up.

"Raza! Please-"

"Can't you see, he is a walking red flag, dammit! Are you that blind? Are your standards so low?" He yelled in frustration. The mere thought of her and that prick annoyed the hell out of him.

"You don't know him!" She whispered furiously.

"And you do? Okay! Tell me, how much you know about him! Do you know his phone's password? Do you know where he works? Do you know what he likes? Who are his friends?" With every question, he took a threatening step toward her, and Rumaiza simultaneously moved back.

"I-I don't know his password, I don't think that's important," she said looking down.

"Does he know your phone's password?" She nodded meekly, suddenly realizing the fact.

"What does he do?" By now, they stood close enough for their feet to touch.

"He... works under his uncle."

"What does he do under his uncle?" Raza forced out the words.

"I... don't know!" Rumaiza looked up at him, a confused and pitiful look in her eyes. Raza had to look away, ashamed. He knew he was crossing his lines but he couldn't just sit and watch that bastard fuck with her life.

"Rumaiza?" He took her name softly as if it was the most beautiful thing he uttered. Her trembling eyes sauntered to meet his desperate ones. The emotions switched to an unexplainable feeling that her eyes portrayed. And for her luck, his eyes were the same.

It was the moment when everything they thought unnecessary and nonessential took its turn. It turned to something endearing, something captivating, and something treacherous.