03. trouble of connection

Start from the beginning

dustin waved at her. "okay." he reminded the tape, it continued back where she stopped it.

"okay, that word." he stopped the tape.

"it's pronounced. . . 'dly-nna-ya.'" she said. sophie sat on the floor, grabbing m&ms from her backpack. "dly-nna-ya," dustin repeated.

"which is spelled. . . d- d, d, d. . ." the buckley girl sighed. dustin got up at went to the board.

"the- the chair. the chair-looking thingy." robin wrote it down. "yeah, okay."

after forming the word, they had their first sentence. she opened the window. "we've got our first sentence,"

"oh, seriously?" steve came up to her. "yeah, the week is long." she said in a russian accent.

"well, that's thrilling."

"i know. but progress." she closed it again.

sophie watch robin sat back down, listening to the tape.

-

cameron went to the skate park with her skateboard. she saw charlie there, she waved at her. "char!"

charlie looked up from the ground where she was sitting at, cameron joined her. "hey, cameron. why are you here?"

"i was looking for you. because apparently, i don't know what nick likes as a hobby or something?"

charlie furrowed her eyebrows. "right! they said that he likes belly rubs and just running around like normal dogs do."

cameron grabbed her skateboard. "thanks, char!"

cameron skated back home, she realized she hadn't seen max that day yet. they always saw each other every day.

cameron did a u-turn back, heading to the mall where she figured max would be.

turns out, she was there with the boys and eleven. she hooked her arms around the two girls. "hello, ladies. boys. what's going on here?"

max tilted her head. "oh nothing, just that mike lied to eleven."

"as i was saying what's wrong with you?" mike asked max. "you know she's not allowed to be here." he added.

"if i may cut in-"

"shut up!" mike interrupted henry from speaking.

"what is she, your little pet?" max asked.

"yeah. am i your pet?" cameron quietly chuckled at mike's reaction to eleven's words.

"what? no!"

"then why do you treat me like garbage?" the younger girl asked.

"oh shit," sophie went beside cameron as she saw them.

sophie got on cameron's back to see better. "what is with everyone coming on my back?"

"what?"

"you said nana was sick." eleven stated.

"she is. she is. she is sick." mike turned to lucas, henry and will to ask for help.