Running Late

P.I.X.A.L’s P.O.V:

I was late to school once again! I quickly grabbed my backpack, stuffed a toast in my mouth, kissed my dad on the cheek and said goodbye. I ran out of the 100 floor building because if I missed the bus, then I would be even more late. 

I was running towards the yellow bus, until it took off without me. Ugh! I hate this morning so much! I walked to the nearest coffee shop to grab a coffee. Now that I am late, I might as well please myself before going. I grabbed some coffee for energy because I am in highschool and I do need energy to do all the work. There is just so much going on in my life, school, crushes, friends dating, working part time, extra curriculum, school work, etc. There is one thing that I have to keep a secret, it's my biggest secret, not my crush. That of course all my friends know, but this secret is different, no one knows about it.

Zane’s P.O.V:

I am not the one to be late, but today I missed the bus because I had to take care of my Father. He has been sick for quite some days and I am worried about him, so I decided to be with him this whole day, but he told me to go to school. I just walked in the rain with my umbrella. I was thinking about everything, how life is so simple, but just as difficult. Everything in school is just so easy, but then I also have extra curriculum, a part time job, a crush, and most importantly my secret. Only one person knows my secret and that is Master Wu. He told me to keep my identity a secret and I will.

As I was thinking about life, I accidentally bumped into someone in front of me. Her umbrella fell on the ground and I caused her to get all wet. 

"I am terribly sorry," I said, picking up her umbrella and giving it to her.

"It’s ok," she said, smiling at me.

Wait! Wait, I know her! This day couldn't get any worse! 

"Do you go to Ninjago High?" I asked.

"Yes, we are mostly in the same classes, Zane," she said. 

The way she said my name just made me want to crumble. 

"I know, I just..I'm sorry," I said and then we had a long pause,"I probably made you coffee all wet. I'm sorry, I will get you a new one."

"There is no need for that, I wasn't enjoying it anyway," she said. 

"No, please, let me," I said, rushing to the nearest coffee shop and grabbing her an iced latte. 

When I went to her I realized that I had given her an iced latte in the cold!

"Oh forgive me," I said.

"It’s ok, at least you got it for me. I will manage to drink this. Want to go to school together?" she asked. 

I nodded in embarrassment. 

*At School*

Nya's P.O.V:

Everyone was in class, but the only people absent were P.I.X.A.L and Zane. That was odd because I know that P.I.X.A.L has the hugest crush on Zane. Where could they both be? 

It has been twenty minutes since class has started and they both have never been absent. In fact, Zane was never tardy, so how come he was today? Anyway we could just find out because whenever you're late the teacher forces you to say why in front of the whole class. 

Skylor and I were doodling on each other's papers when the door opened and Zane and P.I.X.A.L entered the room. It was so funny because P.I.X.A.L was all drenched with an ice latte in her hand. I could see the boys in the corner laughing at Zane. 

"So, Zane and P.I.X.A.L, late today aren't we?" the teacher asked. 

"Sorry Ma'am, I was late because I woke up late today and then I found Zane on the way, not in the best way," P.I.X.A.L said.

"You woke up late again! When are you going to get a proper alarm? And what do you mean by not meeting Zane in the best way?" the teacher asked.

Literally the whole class was laughing and the teacher didn't even notice the giggles. 

"I can explain that Ma'am, I was late because my Father was sick and I had to take care of him. Also when I was walking to school, I accidentally bumped into P.I.X.A.L, sorry about that again," Zane said. 

P.I.X.A.L smiled at him and just nodded, gesturing that she forgave him.

"Zane, I know this is your first time so I won’t give you a punishment, but P.I.X.A.L this is your fifth time being late. I already gave you chances, so now I am calling home. Take a seat both of you," the teacher said,"now class, you all know that after three tardies the teachers are going to call home." 

Everyone knew that because they have been repeating it for years. I wonder why P.I.X.A.L was always late, she always used to have perfect attendance. P.I.X.A.L sat next to me and I decided to ask her.

"Hey, Pix, late again it seems. Why?" I asked.

"Oh..I..uh, I have a part time job and you know that, I get off of work late at night," P.I.X.A.L said.

"Oh, yeah. I have seen you stay there for a long time," I said. 

"Hey Pix, how was that little walk with your boyfriend?" Skylor asked.

"Shut up, Sky, he is not my boyfriend," she said, sipping her ice latte.

"Well, then why did he give you an iced latte?" I asked.

"Because he made my coffee wet," P.I.X.A.L said.

The teacher made us get her attention because everyone had got off track.

"Now guys we should be finishing your project because you guys are presenting it today," the teacher said,"go on and work."

"Hey, Pix, did you bring the project?" I asked.

"Yes, I also memorized what I am going to say," she said.

Our groups had to be at least two people and the max was three. So, it was Skylor, P.I.X.A.L, and I. 

1036 words

So, this is the first chapter and we do get to learn about some of the characters, the next chapter will, have to do with the rest if the chapter and their P.O.V's. Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed and I will see you in the next chapter, bye!