find it.

The bell is just ringing the end of the school day and the beginning of the holidays!

I'm so happy! We haven't received our interim reports yet, but the teachers here don't make a big secret about our grades anyway.

Overall, I did well everywhere, just a B here and there. But that's not enough for me! Let's see if I can get a report card full of A's by the end of the semester. I have a lot of other things planned too!

Amber and I want to set Max up – with Bea! The two fit together perfectly; both of their greatest desires are to protect those they love; Bea is quiet and gentle and Max is wild but understanding. Amber was on fire and immediately came up with all the scenarios for carrying out our plans - for some reason together with Bibi...

Ice skating, writing fan fiction, watching movies... Speaking of movies: there are new stickers of Lola's rebel skin from the film! I definitely have to get one of these!

And most of all, I'm looking forward to the Christmas party in the Gift Shop this holiday season - with Edgar!

I, the dreamy, over-ambitious brawler-obsessed Colette who can transform into a flying devil, go with the gorgeous emo boy with the dark past, the distant attitude and the incredible martial arts!

But I managed to break through his cold facade and see the real Edgar behind it: someone who is brave, smart, loyal, and honest. Someone who does care about some things. Someone who protects those he cares about. Someone who is always there for you and who stands by you, even when you turn into a devil.

Someone you love!

Wait, what, no, I –

OH NO! STOP! DEFINITELY NOT LIKE THAT! DON'T YOU DARE, TO DENIE THIS NOW! NOT AFTER THE THOUGHT YOU JUST HAD!!!

OK yes! Yes, it's right.

I finally know what that feels like. Of course, I adore Piper and Spike with all my heart, but true love, which you only feel for one person, feels completely different. It's an incredible feeling and I never want to let it go.

Come on, finally say it!

Hey, I'm not talking at all, I'm just thinking.

In fact, I'm currently arguing with my inner Trixie-Colette and unfortunately the devil is far superior to me!

Then just think it! I don't care, but I want to hear it from you now!

OK, OK...

"...I l-love Edgar." I said the latter out loud. As I walked alone through the large school gate of the Hero Académie. These three words alone were enough to make my cheeks glow while my inner devil looks at you with satisfaction.

Satisfied now?

Yep. Completely satisfied. And if I were you, I would look straight ahead.

SHIT!

Once again thick flakes are falling thickly from the grey sky. The snowfall is so heavy that the traces of the Brawlers, who only left the building before me, can hardly be seen anymore. Nobody is here anymore, except for one person dressed in black, with a flashy striped scarf!

Shit, shit, SHIT!!!

Until recently, this person must have been standing with his head hanging down, but now he's looking at me with wide eyes.

"E-Edgar?" I stammer. "W-what are you doing here?! D-didn't you go out a-much earlier?"

Damn! He must think I'm about to turn into Trixie, as red as I must be right now!!!

"Well, Bibi called me. She "borrowed" my motorcycle from the school grounds and talked something about looting flower shops."

Looting? Does she mean rob?! No! We only need around 3 kilos of rose petals for the Max and Bea coupling plan, does she have to be exaggerating?!

"Anyway, I don't feel like getting snowed in and I'll probably have to wait for Goat beard."

Why doesn't he waits inside? Byron's teacher conferences are still going on. Does Edgar want to get frostbite?

Or did he want to be alone so that others wouldn't see him grieving?

Again.

My eyes become narrow slits – and indeed! Edgar's red eyes are camouflaged behind the eyeliner, but I spot them! It's like back then on the roof of the gift shop!

No, definitely not! I won't leave you here alone with your sadness, forget it!

Fine girl, my inner Trixie-Colette praises me as I resolutely open my glittery cactus umbrella and hold it out to the emo.

"O-Or I can take you home."

Heat rushes through my whole face again as Edgar looks at me in surprise. I look him up and down. I have no idea what it is, but he has something that no one else has. The first time I saw him, it struck me. This boy is different from everyone else. This boy is the one I love.

"You shouldn't stay out like that. "You'll catch a cold," I copy his words when he stood in front of me months ago and held out his umbrella to me. Completely without stuttering. "And now just take it. Please."

And what does Edgar do? He smiles!

Instantly my heart is pounding against my chest, he just looks so incredibly cute when he smiles! Edgar smiles, takes a step towards me, takes the umbrella from me, touches my hand and - activates the locking mechanism?!

Instantly the umbrella snaps shut and all I see is Edgar in a pink cactus glitter cloud!

"Can you say the very first thing again?"

"What?"

"That thing you stuttered when you came out."

Oh that! Dawm, I thought maybe he didn't hear, the way I must have mumbled.

Edgar challenges me with his gaze and I stare back defiantly.

OMG, this is so embarrassing!

"Why not you just say it," I groan, ashamed and want to lower my head to hide my tomato face.

But then I'm grabbed by the chin and pulled upwards until my ocean blue eyes meet his night black ones.

"OK. I love you, Colette."

What?! As if it was suddenly so easy - Emo is and remains a miracle.

Smiling, I lean forward, slowly close my eyes, and wait until our lips finally touch.

Eternities fly by in which I feel nothing but Edgar's hand in my hair and his mouth on mine. Even if someone had come out of the school, they would have just stared in amazement at two figures under a folded umbrella.

It must probably look ridiculous from the outside.

But at the moment I don't care at all!