darkness

I stand stock-still in front of the information column and stare in disbelief at the new, garish poster, which shows an actress who is well known to me.

I can't believe it!

Lola's film is finally coming to the cinemas and of course I'm going to see it. Of course, Lola will be starring in her rebel skin at the premiere along with Spider-Crow and Gorilla-Surge, plus Buzz directed and even Bull has a small role in the film!

Let's see, school starts at 8 a.m., now it's just after 7 a.m., so there's still time to buy tickets quickly. When, if not now? Stop, crap! The cinema does not open until 10:00 a.m. Internet?... Crap! Website not updated yet! That's it with the plan. But wait a minute... Yes! That's it! Griff!!!

I immediately make my way to the Star Park, stopping in front of the gift shop. Yes! My boss is here. Immediately I storm into the store!

"Good morning boss, you're probably wondering what I'm doing here so early. I just found out, it's incredible, it's awesome, it's phenomenal..."

"Good morning, Colette, calm down first and don't forget to take a breath." the cashier says, taken aback. Alright! I calm down, take a few breaths, and then continue.

"Well, what I wanted to say is, this is about Lola's movie."

"Ah, no wonder you're freaking out, love! As a thank you for the party location I - er I mean of course the gift shop got free tickets. Two pieces! But I won't be able to go, I must sign the contract for next season, very important for business! Here I give it to you, my hardest working employee. For you and another person of your choice."

"Woo-hoo! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I shriek enthusiastically and throw my arms around my boss's neck.

But who can I take with me? Max is always training for some races; Amber is currently performing as an artist herself and I could never decide between Jessie and Penny because I know that the other one will be angry. In addition, the latter tend to be school friendships rather than cinema-going friendships. Is that a word? Well...

In the meantime, I'm on my way to school again when I get the idea and I run into the next streetlamp! Now I know who will definitely have time - I just have to dare to invite him...

-----

There he is, okay, now just don't make any mistakes! You've been procrastinating all day at school! finally do it!!!

Hidden behind a tree in the fields of the Hero Académie, I watch as Edgar trains with his scarf. Seemingly effortless, he lies in the dead grass and does one-armed push-ups, or his scarf does them. The two cinema tickets are shaking in my hands, continue now! Just don't lose heart! When he gets up and starts fighting a pitch-black punching bag with his scarf, I stalk even closer.

Why is it so difficult for me to talk to others? Guess as a stalker I'm used to watching them from afar. Otherwise, I tend to wait to be spoken to, right?

I remember my first encounter with emo. Back then, I just babbled on like I usually only do with adult brawlers (whom I might adore).

At that time Edgar was quite cold and dismissive of me. No wonder! In my brawler mania I am quickly labelled as a nuisance. But not here, not now, and not today! Not in this case! You can and you will, girl, right now!

I breathe in and out deeply and sneak the last few meters.

"Hey Edgar!" I call out when I'm standing next to him. Startled, Edgar flinches, gives the punching bag a good hit, turns to me, ready to fight, not noticing that the punching bag is coming back to him and is thrown to the ground by it.

Ouch!

"Uh, Colette, do you have to sneak up on me every time and then scare me half to death?! Can't you walk normally like everyone else. You're acting like a crazy psycho! Oh right, you are!"

Wow, what kind of louse got on his liver?

Unsure, I take a few steps back, but I overlook a stone that is stupidly stuck in the cold-frozen earth, fall backwards, and lose all the things I have collected today. Bullets from Colt, fur from Nita's bears, leaves from Rosa's plants and many other things roll across the lawn.

Edgar stands there looking at Spike's many cactus spikes and Squeak's vial of slime, wrinkling his nose and turning his back on me. Disappointed, I pick myself up, collect my stuff and then leave the emotionless emo.

"You're really a loser, Colette." I say to myself when I reach my block of flats again and want to reach for the cards, but they're gone! Shit, I must have lost them in the fall, I'm also missing a number of thorns from Spike as well as Meg's mother! In a crunch, I unlock my door, walk into my apartment, flop onto my bed and fall asleep immediately.

I have wild dreams about Spike turning into a pineapple, Rico's coloured balls suddenly turning into fireballs, hitting and burning my lost movie tickets.

Suddenly Edgar is standing in front of me, he looks at me with cold, unfeeling eyes. I break down in tears, what's the matter with him, how could he be so mean to me? I thought we were friends, and then he calls me a psycho, a crazy psycho. Does he really think that about me in that way?

Slowly I can feel my grief turning to anger, my skin turns red, my fingernails grow into long claws, I get horns, wings, fangs, and blood red eyes...

I'm awake!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, some of you probably noticed it already in the third chapter.

I was and still am a big fan of the previous Miraculous anime starring Felix and Bridgette. It's so sad it never really came. I would have liked to see it...

At least I can take some inspiration for my fanfics out of it.

Stay legendary!

Coco