I know

Pain shoots through my brain - I wake up.

I blink around in panic, the pain in my head won't let up, everything is spinning. My tired eyes take in blurry images of my bedroom—and of Edgar.

Wait what? EDGAR?! In my bedroom?!

I fall off my bed in panic and land hard on the floor.

Well, now my head isn't the only thing that hurts!

"Colette! Is everything ok with you?" worried Edgar kneels next to me, supports me, and helps me back into my bed.

"How did I get here? What happened? Why do I have such a headache? What about the gift shop? Has anyone locked the gift shop? And did someone log off and turn off the computer?"

"Now come down! Honest! You turned into some kind of winged devil, got a giant bump on the chandelier, fell, passed out and are asking me if the gift shop is closed?!"

With red cheeks I touch my forehead, there really is an extremely large bump and it hurts like hell. The whole head hurts like hell!

"There's an ice pack in the fridge." I tell Edgar, who then runs out of the room. Exhausted, I want to get up and look in the mirror, but then Edgar comes back and stubbornly pushes me back into bed.

"So, what exactly happened?" I ask him while pressing the ice against my bump.

Good this way! Your loose mouth is finally of some use! Just keep talking and you won't have time to freak out because EDGAR IS IN YOUR ROOM RIGHT NOW!!!

"Don't you remember anything? I was on my way to you and heard you scream. Or cheer. It's difficult for you to determine. When I got to the store, I saw a monster with red skin, wings, horns and so on. I screamed and the beast turned around - and that was you! But you had fangs and some kind of purple dress and...and blood red eyes."

I jump up in horror! Edgar doesn't manage to stop me this time. I quickly run to the next mirror and look at my eyes.

Blue. Clear ocean blue.

And yet, isn't there a tiny red spark?

Before I can take a closer look, Edgar grabs me and drags me back onto the bed.

"Hey!" I protest.

"You really should rest. You don't look good at all.", the guy says completely emotionless again and presses the ice pack against my forehead.

"What about the gift shop? I still have to clean up, write back the cashier, close it and..." I want to continue, but Edgar puts his finger on my lips. I immediately feel myself blushing. I carefully place my hand on his, which is still cold pouch pressed against my forehead.

"I'll take care of everything, will you stay here and rest, promise?"

"I promise." I answer embarrassed. "T-Thanks Edgar."

He smiles at me silently - and kisses my cheek - before he gets up and leaves my room.

"See you tomorrow. See you then."

"See you then!"

As soon as he's gone, I collapse on my bed.

It felt like 36 degrees in the room!

-----

Okay, concentrate Colette, otherwise you'll lose!

Me and Leon are hiding under some books watching as Jessie and Penny slowly walk towards us. We were supposed to practice duo showdown today, but my mind is somewhere else.

It's been three days since I turned into a devil for a minute and nothing out of the ordinary has happened. My teachers and classmates know nothing about it, neither does Griff, and nobody at all, except for Edgar. I also told him about my strange dream in which I was the very devil I turned into.

Peng, a shock wave hisses right past me, Leon pulled me aside just in time. Determined we rush out of cover and activate our Supers, he becomes invisible while I shoot forward like lightning, knocking out both girls in the process.

But on my return, I get caught by Penny's cannonballs and its game over for me.

Luckily Leon manages to sneak up and ambush both girls, so we end up getting first place.

Not that I deserved it today, I could have been a lot more careful, but I was scared.

Scared that I'll suddenly transform like I did the other day.

I take a deep breath in and out again.

I'm not a beast, I'm Colette! That's beast enough anyway!