And

"Edgar? What are you doing behind this bush, are you hiding from anyone? Or were you watching me and Max?"

"Hey, Colette, I... I need to talk to you... well, I..."

"Wait! Do you hear that? Are those steps?"

"Uh. no, I don't hear anything. Anyway, I wanted to ask you something..."

Edgar wants to ask me something?!

Surprised, I sniff the smell of lollies and other sweets - and suddenly everything makes sense!

Edgar's strange behaviour, the strange conversation between him and Leon, Max's strange reaction when I wanted to go to the bush, her quick disappearance, the fact that it smells like strawberry lollipop here, the quiet, receding footsteps and Edgar, who hid here in the bush. Everything is completely clear! Edgar wants to ask me if I'll go to the Christmas party with him!!! Clear as day!

And for everyone who is now completely confused: here comes the review!

Yesterday I heard Leon finally ask Sandy if he wanted to go to the Christmas party with him at the gift shop. Of course, Sandy said yes, as crushing as he is on Leon! Leon then looked at Edgar and asked him whether he had implemented his plan. Edgar then replied that he hadn't succeeded yet, but that he would still be there. When the two of them noticed me, they behaved more than suspicious!

Later, Nita wanted to show me something very important, so we headed towards the girls' bathroom when I realized I had left my scrapbook in Professor Pam's classroom! So, I quickly ran back again, where I could have sworn, I heard Nita muttering "cancel plan" into a locker.

Even later, I wanted to go out onto the grounds to write, but Max intervened with her sensational news. She must have noticed the boys in the bush and checked what was going on and wanted to leave quickly. When I got to the bush, Leon quickly made himself invisible and was just about to sneak away, hence the quiet footsteps and the smell of candy!

And here we are! I stand in front of the emo with a big grin, who apparently isn't as emotionless as he would like to be! I look at him expectantly, trying to look as cute as possible. Although I now know what he wants from me, I still want to hear it from him.

"OK, so Colette... I...I..."

Finally, I am not the only person stammering stupidly!

"Yes?"

Is that good mental support? Or not?

"Do you want to go with me to – "

PENG!!!

Oh, wait, that's enough! Every time Edgar comes this close to asking me, something happens!!!

Snowball fights, giant robots, forgotten scrapbooks and what is it this time?

Uh! A wild carnivorous plant that has escaped from the greenhouse!!!

I furiously stroke the cover of my book, whereupon I almost immediately transform into Trixie-Colette. I shoot towards the monster with gigantic jumps!

You'll see, I'll tear you to pieces, you Christmas party invitation-ruining beast!!!

-----

Breathing heavily, I land on a delicate blanket of snow, behind me lies the plant beast, or at least what's left of it. To my right are Professor Rosa, Edgar, and Bea, all three staring at me with their mouths open.

Oops, I must have just overreacted a bit in my anger. Holy brawl, the thing is on fire! How did I do that?

The professor of plants comes towards me, still with an incredulous expression on her face.

"I was about to alert the elite unit because me and Bea couldn't control the transformed Dionaea muscipula and then you take it down all by yourself!"

Oh dear, I totally overreacted and ruined Professor Rosa's experiment!

Embarrassed, I transform back into Colette.

"Please excuse me, Professor, I..." I want to start sheepishly, but she interrupts me.

"But not Colette, I'm impressed! Your fighting skills seem to have improved tremendously since I last saw you in the arena. I'll report to Professor Pam that you'll be ready for your star power soon!"

Wow, praise from Rosa isn't that rare, but I still enjoy it. With the help of her bees, Bea transports the pile of plants back to the laboratory, Edgar helps her - and that's when the school bell rings.

Damn! I'd better hurry up so I'm not late in Defending.