I stand

BOOM!

Phew, that was close! OK, don't lose your footing now! Dodge, keep dodging until you're close enough! Now aim, aim, and shoot! Yippee!!! Met! That's how it works, beginners! Go on, don't stop, no way! Otherwise, the next shot will hit you! Wow, very close again!

Determined, I dive through the alleys, then jump over the last bit of wall and fire off two more shots, both hit! Yay, full my day today! I quickly duck into the nearest bush before anyone sees me. Safely hidden behind the dense branches, I get an overview of my surroundings. Most of the obstacles have been destroyed, there is paint everywhere and somewhere in the back of the site at least two players seem to be engaged in a fierce battle, at least I hear different voices. Behind the crumbling walls and overgrown bushes stretches the high fence made of iron bars - and behind it someone is standing.

At first glance I only recognize a dark figure. On closer inspection I see that it is a boy, a boy dressed in black and with black hair. He stands there with his hands in his pockets and looks at me.

Stop, that can't be! You can't see me behind the bush.

No, he's just looking out over the grounds, the wind blowing through his slightly dishevelled side parting, he looks... kind of... cute.

I slowly stand up.

Probably shouldn't have done that, because at that very moment I'm hit by a huge bag of paint, the force of which throws me back to the ground! Puzzled, I look at the pink liquid that is spreading on my grey clothes, then I see Leon, how he laughs and holds out his hand to me. I gratefully grab it and let myself be pulled back to my feet.

"Well, you dream mouse! What were you so fixated on? You could have easily avoided the paint bag!"

I turn away from him and look back at the spot on the fence where the strange boy was standing - but he's gone.