there's more.

Halloween!!!

One of the best days of the year! I love Halloween! The candy, the costumes, the new brawler skins...

I used to dress up as Piper or Spike for Halloween and go trick-or-treating with the other orphanage kids. But today I must go to school and in the afternoon, I will be in the gift shop. Yesterday I decorated it with pumpkins, giant cobwebs, and a couple of Mortis bats (don't ask me how I got those).

Today after school I will go to Piper's Bakery, get the gnarliest Halloween candies there, see Piper live in her bakery and spend the whole evening in the gift shop supplying candy to the many hungry trick-or-treating goers and at the same time Promote the new Halloween skins for Rico, Gege, Squeak and Mr. P! The perfect evening!!!

After Glyph Interpretation, I'm sitting in Professor Rosa, our herbalism teacher's classroom. Why am I doing herbalism? Stupid question, my absolute favourite brawler is a plant!!! In addition, I am very ambitious, and I want to learn as much as possible at Hero Academy, which may help me later!

Well, maybe I'm not paying as much attention today as I usually do. My thoughts are on Halloween - and on Edgar.

Since he kissed me, we haven't had much contact with each other, apart from a few conversations at work, during which I also told him about my dream.

Was he trying to tell me something with that kiss? Am I more than just a friend to him? Should I kiss him too? do I want that? He only kissed me on the cheek, but...

"Colette?"

I snap out of my reverie and look at Professor Rosa, who looks at me sceptically.

"You seem very busy with your thoughts, how about you share it with the class? Please go to the board and tell us how to solve problem C!"

Gulp, that was an announcement!

I get up in contrition and go to the blackboard. Luckily, we're just reviewing what we've already learned, and since I'm usually pretty good at Herblore, I can complete the task with ease. Professor Rosa also seems satisfied.

"Very good, Colette!"

Relieved, I sit back in my seat and focus on the lesson for the rest of the lesson. When the break begins, I want to quickly run out the door to my locker when I see him - SPIKE!!!

-----

Through the corridors, further and further, after the green cactus! Spike! Spike! SPIKE!!! I'll get him! The red flower, the sharp spikes, the purple jacket... There he is!!! He can't escape me anymore! Spike! Spike!!!

A door opens, a scream! I only have eyes for the cactus, my target, which is desperately trying to escape. I had to get him! Another five meters... another three... one jump will do! I push off the ground, prone through the air... Spike... straight at him... I'll have him any second.

BOOM!!!

Bindings grab me and drag me to the ground. A living scarf has fished me out of the air and is pulling me towards its owner, two warm hands with black lacquered fingernails clasping me. I try desperately to free myself; Spike is in front of me, he's lying on the ground, he's at my mercy! Now a girl comes and helps him up. No no no! He's so close, I must catch him!

I snarl in rage and slash my claws at my arms, only to be released with another scream.

With all my might I pounce on the red thing and bite with my fangs, now I've got it, now I've got the red flower! The scream that now sounds is the loudest and shrillest of all. I didn't land on the cactus, I landed on the girl, who releases a big glowing ball! WAMM!!!

I am thrown to the ground by the shock and immediately grabbed by the scarf again. This time he wraps himself tightly around both of my arms and presses them tightly against my body, then lifts me into the air and carries me over my catcher's head. I stare wearily at the large hole in the wall caused by the bullet.

Then I slowly close my eyes...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for every Vote!!!

In this chapter I included inspirations from a scene of a great piece of Brawlstars fanfiction I once saw on You Tube. But that was at least two years ago, and I haven't been able to find that video anymore so far.

If the maker of this video is reading this; you helped me so much out in developing this story! THANK YOU!

Stay legendary! And don't forget to watch Brawl Talk tomorrow!

Coco