51. NEAR TO HER HEART

Start from the beginning

"Can we please not talk about him? I do not even want to bring him up. He is already being so annoying asking for apology and then doing all those things. I ought to ban him from entering my territory of the palace as soon as I go back."

"You should."

"Oh! I just recalled. Did you read my letter regarding the black magic?"

"Yes and I am afraid I have no clue about it. I did read up some books on it to find some way to help you and all I could come to a conclusion was to visit a black magician here in Gaia."

"I thought of similar sentiments! I have a friend here who told me about a black magician that can be trusted. I plan to visit him possibly tomorrow."

"Can I come with you?"

"....if you want to. But I wouldn't pressurise you. I mean you must have a lot of other stuff to do and um..."

"Then I am coming."

"Alright."

"So is this the reason you could not come to my birthday?"

"...actually..."

Lyra then explains what else took place and how she has decided to become the Queen.

"I see."

Sighting Dylan's expression, Lyra felt he was disappointed. Although contrary to her thoughts, Dylan on the other hand was in fact worrying about Lyra and how she will have to face tough challenges ahead and how he would try hard to support and help her in any way possible.

Lyra then mumbled softly,

"I really am sorry for not being to come...therefore, to make up for my absence, if it is possible I wanted to ask if we can celebrate your belated birthday here?"

"You want me to hold my birthday party here again?"

"No. Just a small private celebration. Between us. Please?"

Lyra who thought Dylan was slightly sulking about her not coming to his party, tried really hard to plead to him. Meanwhile, Dylan who understood that Lyra had mistaken him thinking seriously as him being mad about her not coming to the party, played along and looked to the other side,

"Well I mean the birthday is long gone so I don't see any point in that..."

"Please? Just once. Hm?"

Lyra moves her face to his point of vision and brings forth her fore fingers of both hands in front him all the while acting cutely.

This makes Dylan let out a chuckle as he states,

"Those are two fingers. That makes it two."

"Oh!"

Lyra then closes her left hand completely and then shows her forefinger of her right hand.

Dylan upon her gesture found Lyra to be quite adorable and decides to give in,

"Fine. What do you want to do?"

"I do not know. I will think of something and let you know soon. Or if you have something in mind, please don't hesitate to let me know, okay?"

"Alright. I will be looking forward to that."

After this, there was this peaceful silence among them. Lyra felt like she was the happiest after such a long time. She recalls the last time she felt this much at peace was when Dylan had come to visit them.

Dylan looks around and finds no one to be there and then moves and whispers in Lyra's ear,

"I think the Queen Mother doesn't like me very much."