30. STIRRING UP A HORNET'S NEST

Crown Princess Lyra Belle de Anemoi ____________

____________

Chapter 30

"It may be sort of petty but Duchess Medea's birthday party is coming up quite soon."

"Ah right, I forgot about that."

Lyra responded to which Duke Axel inquired,

"What does her birthday party have to do with anything?"

"One of the things Duchess Medea loves is people's attention. As we all know, she sends everyone a list of specific gifts beforehand to present during the event so that she can act surprised at her luxurious gifts. All the other nobles are not allowed to wear the same color clothes as her. And no one is allowed to look prettier than her and her daughter. We all are required to wear modest articles of clothing."

"Those are all facts but what it is that you are suggesting we should do?"

"Take the spotlight away from her. This will be a teaser for her about what's to come. She should feel the humiliation which she makes others feel."

"I like your way of thinking. Good. Tell me what we should do."

Lyra approves of her idea which makes Lady Helen overjoyed. She merrily adds,

"The rest are simple things but the main highlight is the gifts she receives. We can hinder that."

Taking a deep sigh, Lyra thinks about what to do when an idea flashed into her mind.

"Get me a list of people that belong to her faction and present her gifts. From there, select the people that are in the middle. I am sure they all would be nobles that are businessmen, mostly in the field of trading. Correct me if I am wrong."

"You are right. I also believe that to be true."

"Then contact all of them. Tell them they have to present me the gift which Aunt Medea has asked me to give to her. Councilwoman Helen, I am assigning you as the lead to find out the details and provide me with the list of who are the middle faction. Take whomever you need for help."

"Then I would like the remaining two council members and board people to help with this."

Lyra glances at the said people who nod their heads in approval.

"Now I need someone to convince them."

"They won't do it, your highness."