17. Forelsket

Princess Lyra Belle de Anemoi ________

________

Chapter 17

"What is this?"

Dylan inquired. Curiosity flickered in his eyes as he stared at the figure in front of him, who averted her gaze. Pushing herself a few steps back she mumbled,

"It's nothing.....that was just...those were just my thoughts spiraling out...I don't mean them..."

"Of course, you don't. If you did, you would not surrender your position to be the queen and instead opt for running away."

"Are you being sarcastic?"

"What do you believe?"

"Look...I may or may not sometimes think like that, but it doesn't mean that's what I desire."

"In that case what do you desire?"

"....nothing. Besides, I hope it doesn't become your habit to read something which I haven't given permission to.

"I can't make any promises."

He smiled slyly as Lyra is taken aback. While sitting back in her chair, she adds,

"You read my novel, didn't you?"

"I.."

Shaking her hands, Lyra stops before he could answer,

"Forget it. You can read it. I express no problem with that. Just don't talk to me about it since it is embarrassing."

"The book is in fact brilliantly put together. I don't comprehend what you feel extremely embarrassed about. Be more confident."

"It's not that...But anyhow, let's just focus on what we were about to explore."

"Alright."

"Here."

She delivers to him some documents and continues to add,

"We have already reviewed the plan for the bridge. We also decided on the amount that each party will be contributing. The details of these things along with the economic plan will be discussed in the upcoming meeting."

Dylan keeps nodding at her every sentence as he pores over the pages. Lyra then questions,

"Should we also discuss the labor force on the day after tomorrow's meeting or should we do that in Gaia when we will go there for site review?"