26. Bested and Envisaging

Princess Lyra Belle de Anemoi ______

______

Chapter 26

Lyra rushed to the secluded garden along with Solon.

One of the guild members named Gayle stood there in disguise

One of the guild members named Gayle stood there in disguise. Sighting Lyra, he was about to bow when Lyra places her hand and stated,

"Save the greeting. Exactly inform me. What have you discovered?"

"Your Highness, there is no poison involved nor any use of the drug."

"Huh?"

"We detected traces of black magic."

"Black magic?"

"Typically, black magic is discovered in the underground of Gaia. Since it does not exist in Anemoi, this may be rather new and startling. However, I am certain it was black magic. Black magic possesses multiple techniques such as using a voodoo doll, cursed lockets or any other accessories, or even powders that have been cursed. The black magic practiced in question is one to compel one to fall ill. This makes one display so much weakness that they demonstrate impaired functioning in daily life. Although there is one condition for black magic to work, that it solely succeeds when the said person possesses feeble will."

"....father lost most of his willpower after mother died...that is equally the time when he fell ill...."

Lyra mumbled to herself as Gayle continued explaining,

"It seems whatever was used was smuggled from Gaia. It would be more adequate to search for any unusual accessories around his majesty. Traditionally, such accessories should include huge gems in them that do not reflect light. It is one of the ways to recognize such items."

"Solon, get to it. I demand them to search and keep an eye on everything that may be linked to this. On top of that, gather me all the books you can on black magic."

Solon inclines his head and leaves.

"Gayle, thank you so much. I appreciate all your help."

"It was our honor. If you require, we can search for ways to break this."