39. ASTRID'S HEAD IN THE CLOUD

PRINCESS ASTRID AMARA DE ANEMOI ___________

___________

Astrid did feel slightly guilty at not being able to support Lyra. But at the same time, she feels unable to comprehend her younger sister's actions. She despises their royal family and the whole system. If it were up to her she would have left everything behind a long time ago. However, no matter how much she hates to admit it, she has grown accustomed to the luxuries she gets to enjoy freely while being royalty.

Still, she did not want Lyra to think of her elder sister as someone who lacks confidence.

Therefore, she decided to do the one thing she detested most in the world. Read books.

In all honestly, she never once admitted to others or even to herself for all that matters that she finds books to be extremely dull.

Even if she tells others her pastime activities are reading books, she has never gone past five pages of a single book before moving on to another one.

She fancies the idea of reading books to enhance her knowledge however unfortunately she lacks the motivation and the interest to do so.

Therefore, the step she was about to take was a huge one for her as she wanted to gain more knowledge to help her sister.

What's interesting is that even before she was the crown princess, she never attended nor was interested in her Queen training and its classes.

On the contrary, Lyra would always excel at them even if she wasn't part of the class and was just a bystander.

Truth be told she was slightly jealous of all the praise and attention her sister would take. But paid no heed to it since she remained the popular one as she was declared the most beautiful royal princess ever. A title was given to her by the people. While she felt flattered and honored, she quite enjoyed it as well as she had an interest in keeping her skin looking young. She wanted to look perfect all the time.

Her sister would follow in her footsteps but most often she would not care at all about her appearance.

Astrid always claimed that perhaps God thought it would be too unfair to bless one person with all the looks and intelligence. Thus, he divided it among the two sisters with her having the looks and Lyra having the brains.

While she was still in thought, she was roaming the halls of the royal library of Helios. She wanted to find books on Anemoi's politics and public affairs.

However as she was lost, she kept mindlessly wafting here and there without any destination.

Until upon a turn she ended up bumping into someone's chest. It was a man, slightly taller than her. His hair was parted to one side and round-rimmed glasses fell on his soft nose bridge. His lips parted in surprise as his eyes quickly identified whom he had crashed into.