49. MARRIAGE PROSPECT

KING MILDRED OF GAIA ___________

___________

Chapter 49

The King Mildred of Gaia was of around 25 years old. Although fairly young, he was quite handsome. Although he was praised for his looks, his looks were never the reason behind his main popularity as the one thing that made him standout and become the topic of discussion was that he was still single despite being all that handsome and the most sought after bachelor. He had no Queen nor any Consort. There were even rumours flying out that perhaps the King was impotent or merely he was not into women. Strange rumours would spread everywhere, however it wouldn't bother King Mildred even the tiniest of bit. He would place no importance to any of these whispers as he would go about his daily work.

While most people had gotten used to his decision, one person who could not come to terms with his choices was his mother, the Queen Mother Danielle.

She had been urging Mildred to get married and would often set up blind dates for him which he would refuse

She had been urging Mildred to get married and would often set up blind dates for him which he would refuse. That is when she would use her position as a mother and emotionally blackmail her son to meet with a women which he would do but afterwards he would reject that woman. Days passed by and Danielle's anxiety grew as she felt there was clearly a lack of girls with enough spark to become the future Queen until her eyes fell upon Lyra.

By God, was she like an angel that had descendent from the heaven. Her sparkly eyes, her charming smile, Danielle instantly felt smitten with her.

While Lyra and Dylan were introducing and greeting themselves to Mildred and Danielle, Danielle not once couldnt take her eyes off of Lyra. She kept staring at her in awe and admiration as she smiled.

Lyra whose intuition is quite sharp felt Danielle's gazes and reflexively moved a bit closer to Dylan who in return noticed her movement but did not say nor do anything as he was talking to Mildred.

Danielle observed Lyra and then pondered whether here useless son had also taken an interest in this girl. With that thought and eagerness she glanced at her son only to be disappointed to find out that he was enjoying has conversation with Dylan more.