18. Become Obsessed With Me

Princess Lyra Belle de Anemoi ______

______

Chapter 18

Dylan who was sighting Lyra talk to this guy who seemed to be unexpectedly making her laugh, was about to go there when Astrid came to him along with Katherine.

It was after so many years that Dylan is meeting her. The last he encountered her was when he was a junior boy hiding from the adults along with Lyra and Katherine would help them hide. Katherine would also play with them, teach them archery, and tell them bedtime horror stories. She has always been quite witty and splendid with children. Even though it was around 10 years since he had last sighted her, she however seem to be the same aside from her hairstyle which she promptly placed in a bun.

"Oh my! You have grown up so much."

"I wish I could say the same to you, but you haven't changed one bit. How come you seem to be still the same after all these years?"

"Thank you for the compliment. Although I must say, I feel mature. You used to be shorter than me but now look at you, you have become so tall. How is it going these days?"

They chit-chatted to catch up on their lives. However, all throughout the conversation Dylan couldn't help but keep peeking glances at Lyra after every few seconds. This did not go unnoticed by Katherine who chuckled suddenly and remarked,

"Looks like you are still the same. Just like back then even now your eyes are only focused on watching Lyra."

This causes Xavier and Astrid to chuckle as Dylan's ears tint red.

"Err..that is not it...I was merely..."

Before Dylan could consider the precise words to utter, Katherine observed Lyra and especially the man next to her. After which she commented,

"Isn't that Marquis Herson's oldest son? How come he is with Lyra? It is odd especially since the Marquis are family friends of Medea."

"It is relatively unusual but not quite as the Marquis's family have consistently treated us warmly."

"Is that so?"

"Indeed, Lyra even used to have a crush on him since he would constantly come up and talk to us at such parties where we were isolated."

Upon Astrid's explanation, Dylan flinches. He had never heard of this before. Of course, it was to be expected knowing their lack of communication he didn't really know much about Lyra. However, this recent information was making him more anxious.