23. Tohubohu

Princess Lyra Belle de Anemoi _____

_____

Chapter 23

Skipping a few times, Lyra walked forward in light steps merrily with a dumbfounded Solon who glances at the drawing Lyra was making in which a person stood at the edge of the cliff. But instead of looking over the ocean, she was looking behind where the sun was shining. Even though this was supposed to remain breathtaking scenery, there was this darkness to it that he precisely couldn't explain. Especially the blank expression of the woman felt as if her eyes were hollow yet they were staring at her soul. Being slightly creeped out, he turns around and follows after Lyra, still confused and nervous as to what is about to happen.

Since the past few meetings, Lyra has habitually been the one to sit alone with Solon and no one would sit beside her as a form to show that they were not part of her faction. The people belonging to the neutral faction sat in the middle.

However today, an unexpected thing occurred as Duke Wren came and sat next to her. This led to quite a few murmurs and whispers, all of which kept inspecting them.

He bows to her respectfully before he and his aide proceed to sit next to her.

Duke Wren

Lyra smiles,

"It is a surprise to sight you here."

"I merely required a change of pace."

"It seems Duke Atlas has been talking to you."

"What do you suppose he talked about?"

"It must be something intriguing enough to compel you to sit next to me. Although I doubt you should be sitting here. You may be giving off wrong signals to the public as if you are part of my faction."

"I wouldn't declare it is that excessive. Let us just conclude that I am neither there nor here. I merely wanted to sit, so I sat down."