34. Strange Behavior

Start from the beginning

"You... If you couldn't complete the task, why did you even attempt it in the first place? Answer me!"

"I... I tried, boss, but her brothers and that Oberoi were there, so I couldn't do anything. And I mistakenly prescribed her the wrong medicines, but for some reason, they didn't affect her. She must not have taken them," he explained nervously.

"I don't give a damn about your excuses. I expect my orders to be carried out by any means necessary. Understood?" the man snapped.

"Yes," he replied meekly.

"Now, get out of here before..." The man's voice rose in anger, the threat hanging in the air.

He dashed away, silently thanking his stars that the man hadn't resorted to violence and had instead granted him a rare reprieve.

The man made a quick call, issuing a curt command,

"Initiate plan B."

"Understood, boss," came the brisk reply before the call was ended.

"I'll bring you down, Oberoi. That's a promise," the man vowed silently, his determination burning bright.

****************************

After a week :

Viaanshi's Pov:-

It had been a week since Shrey moved in with me. He had recovered fully, but he didn't want to leave. He said he felt comfort and a sense of home here. Strangely, I didn't want him to go either. But I had conflicting emotions. Part of me longed for his presence and love. Another part hesitated to forgive him so easily. I knew I was conflicted.

Yesterday, my brothers came home for a short time. They had a meeting. They promised to come back soon. But even with them back, I couldn't forgive easily. I realized some wounds take time to heal.

I shook my head as I sat at my desk. I had an unsettling feeling at the office lately. It seemed like everyone's behavior was strange. There were whispers and gossip behind my back.

How did I know?

Shanaya told me.

With my other friends promoted and relocated to Europe, only Shanaya and I were left. I was grateful for Shanaya's friendship. She never judged me based on others' opinions. Her unwavering support was a comfort amidst the office turmoil.

During the lunch break, Shanaya approached my desk.

"Are you okay?" she asked, concern etched on her face.

I sighed heavily. "I don't know, Shan. Everything feels off lately."

She nodded knowingly. "I've noticed the whispering too. Don't let it get to you."

"I'm trying not to," I replied, rubbing my temples. "But it's hard when I don't know what they're saying."

Shanaya placed a comforting hand on my arm.

"Remember, you have me. I'm here for you, no matter what."

Tears pricked my eyes at her words.

"Thank you, Shan. You're a true friend."

She gave me a warm smile and squeezed my arm gently. In that moment, her friendship and loyalty meant everything.

I was on my way home from the office. I thought I would find Shrey at the apartment. After his accident, he didn't go to the office much. He worked from home instead. He only went for important things. He did meetings through video calls.

But I had a nagging feeling. Could Shrey and my brothers be hiding something from me? They were acting strange lately. It made me feel uncertain.

Lost in my thoughts, I reached the apartment. I unlocked the door with my spare key without thinking. As I stepped inside, I was shocked by what I saw. I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Shrey! What the hell?"

He stopped what he was doing. He turned towards me. He had a nervous smile. He ran his hand through his hair awkwardly. He looked around at the chaotic scene. 

The apartment was a mess. There was some spilled liquid on the floor. Clothes were lying around carelessly. The sofas were in a corner, all messed up. The covers were stained.

I was so frustrated seeing this.

"What the heck?"

I stormed further inside, feeling more frustrated with each step.

How could Shrey let it get so bad?

The chaos felt suffocating. I wanted calm and order.

Shrey's nervous smile faded. He struggled to find words.

"I...I'm sorry, I didn't mean for things to get out of hand," he stammered guiltily.

I took a deep breath, trying to control my anger.

"What happened here, Shrey?" I demanded sharply.

He shifted uncomfortably, avoiding my eyes.

"It's...it's a long story," he mumbled, embarrassed. 

I resisted yelling at him. I knew there was more to it than I could see. With a sigh, I started assessing the damage. As I looked around the mess, I couldn't shake the sinking feeling that things were about to get even more complicated.

****************************

Hello😊

Hope you all are fine.✨

Here is the next chapter.
Hope you all would like it.
Please let me know what
you think through your
comments.

I know it was a short but the next chapter will a a long chapter. Wait for that. I'll update that by evening.

I know some of you might
feeling this as boring one...
But it's ok... Wait for few
more chapters.

Love you all❤❤

Thank you🌹

****************************