7. The Birth

Third Person's Pov:-

In the hospital, the ICU echoed with the sound of urgent voices, sending shivers down the spines of family members gathered outside. Their hearts clenched with the fear of losing the mother, her pregnancy complicated and fraught with peril. Despite the doctors' warnings, she remained resolute in her determination to see her child through.

With two months still left until her due date, the premature operation became a necessity, shrouded in uncertainty and dread. No one was allowed inside, leaving loved ones to wait anxiously in the hallway. A man paced back and forth, his eyes bloodshot from the strain of holding back tears. He cherished his wife beyond measure, unable to fathom the thought of losing her, yet torn by the possibility of losing their child as well.

Then, in a moment of agonizing anticipation, the door to the ICU swung open, and a doctor emerged, their expression etched with concern.

"We can only save one life, either the child or the mother. Please make a decision quickly and sign the papers, as the mother's condition is critical. We cannot risk her."

As the doctor's words hung heavy in the air, time seemed to stand still for Vivaan. Suddenly, a comforting hand rested on his shoulder, and a voice broke through the suffocating silence.

"Vivaan beta, don't worry. Everything will be fine," his mother reassured him.

Struggling to find his voice, Vivaan, standing beside his wife Shreya's ICU bed, managed to speak through the lump in his throat.

"Mom, they... they said they can't save her. How can I... how can I end the life of my own child? I could never live with myself knowing I took the life of an innocent soul."

"But we need to decide quickly, beta. We have to choose Shreya, otherwise... you understand the consequences," Sushma Raichand, Vivaan's mother, urged, her tone reflecting both urgency and a hint of her traditional beliefs. Despite being a loving grandmother to her four grandsons, she held staunchly to orthodox views, harboring a bias against female children.

Vivaan whispered, his voice barely audible,

"Save Shreya," as he reluctantly signed the papers. His younger brother Yuvaansh stepped forward, offering words of comfort and support.

"Be patient, brother. Everything will be alright,"

Yuvaansh reassured Vivaan, their bond strengthened by their mere one-year age gap, making them more like best friends than brothers.

As time passed, their anxious wait was interrupted by the piercing cry of a child. Startled, they all tensed, Vivaan's heart seizing with fear as he whispered,

"Shreya,"

dreading the worst. Tears welled in his eyes, mirroring the anguish of those around him.

Then, like a beacon of hope, the doctors emerged, their faces breaking into smiles.