"Is this... a date?"

Dream wanted to do something special with George while he had the time. He really wanted to take George to this place so he decided to surprise him with it.

"Dream, where are we going?" George looked out the car window, possibly trying to look at signs to see if there were any clues. Unfortunately for him, the place Dream was taking George wouldn't be on a sign, it would just have the beach there.

"We're right around the corner." Dream smiled as he looked out the window. He assumed he made it obvious by how much he was smiling and looking around, but George genuinely seemed confused.

George looked out the window at the beach. Dream smiled even more as he looked at George put the pieces together to realize where they were going.

"The cafe you wouldn't stop telling me about?" George exclaimed, possibly realizing Dream was hinting at it the whole entire flight home and in the morning. George looked out the window again as Dream reversed into a parking spot.

Dream got his wallet and phone, while George got out the car and looked around. He checked to see if he was missing anything before getting out the car. George stood by the door, and waited for Dream to lock the car.

Dream thought about how George seemed closer. It wasn't just the fact George was brushing his hand against his, it was the fact that when George woke up, he tried to go back to bed, with Dream hugging him from behind.

Dream couldn't get the thought of it out of his head, they had hugged like that before but this time something just clicked. It made him realize something, and that's why he was taking George to this cafe today.

"What should I order?" George asked as he walked in, his hand still brushing against Dream's. Once they stepped inside the cafe, Dream noticed George put his hands in his pockets.

"I'd just order a waffle, the ones here are quite big though, I get fully like halfway through having one." Dream explained, trying to explain with his hands too. George watched closely with a smile, as if he was trying to not laugh at how serious Dream was.

"I'm not sure then, I do like the sound of having a waffle but I probably won't finish it all either." George shrugged his shoulders as they stood in front of the counter, looking at the menu on the wall.

Dream thought for a moment if this was too obvious, but realized he'd have to at least hint to George for what he was trying to go for. He wanted it to be a date, he was planning to tell George that but he got too nervous everytime he was about to ask.

"Do you want to share one?" He asked. George looked at him and his expression was flustered, he was confused but had such rosy cheeks. Dream looked down at the floor and tried to avoid eye contact.

"Yeah, sure. Should I go sit down?" George asked. Dream nodded and saw the cashier walk over. He fiddled with some money in his hands and watched George walk off.

"Could I get one waffle please?" He turned to see George, who waved and gave him a smile. Dream quietly laughed to himself and turned back around.

"Yeah, sure. Any drinks?" The cashier asked, tapping on the screen. Dream looked over at George yet again and felt a little conflicted. He didn't know whether he should get one big milkshake for them to share, or their own drinks.

Just as he was about to get two, he stopped himself and decided to just risk it.

"One large chocolate milkshake, please?" He said, nervously biting at his bottom lip. He looked down at the floor incase he got a dirty look from the worker, despite knowing she probably didn't even care.

"Yep, I'll bring it over soon." Dream nodded and handed her the money before walking off. He was going to tell George about them sharing a drink too, and if he didn't want to share he'd just order another.