Flight

Dream and George got on the airplane pretty fast, especially as they were running late because they overslept. Thankfully, they got on quick and found their seats.

George was still pretty tired from waking up so early, so he rested his head on Dream's shoulder. He wasn't falling asleep, he just wanted to lay down. They were muttering things to eachother, barely audible though, so their sentences sounded like gibberish.

George held Dream's hand under the arm rest and looked at him, while Dream was trying to avoid eye contact. He knew he'd get all emotional if he saw George sitting next to him with a smile as they were in their way home. He was so excited to just be with George in the first place now they were going home together.

The best part of it all was that they were speaking to each other and were on really good terms.

Dream did notice they weren't officially dating or anything yet, so he was currently trying to think of places to take George on a date to, where he would then ask him to date.

"Are you okay, Dream?" George asked, leaning forward. Dream looked him in the eyes and then at his smile. Dream had never seen George smile so much, he was practically about to jump out of his seat.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking." Dream smiled back and looked at his lips. George quickly glaced at Dream's but looked around, as if to show Dream there were people around.

"About?" He continued to conversation with the cheery smile he had on before.

"Places I can take you." Dream almost forgot what to say for a moment because he was basically frozen in awe from how ecstatic George was to be going home. His other hand was shaking, and the one holding Dream's hand was still a bit shakey, but not as much.

"I wanna go to the beach with you." George had been saying this for years. To think it was going to happen in 2 days was making Dream's eyes tear up a bit because it was like it was the start of a new chapter.

"We're definitely going to the cafe I told you about." Dream couldn't help but mention it, he had been talking about this cafe by the beach everytime George mentioned the beach.

"I'd go anywhere with you." George shrugged his shoulders. Dream thought for a moment, a smile forming in his face as he turned to face George.

"Deep dark scary cave?" He asked. George smiled and rolled his eyes, thinking of an answer.

"As long as you hold my hand." George shrugged his shoulders once again, sort of shocking Dream as he didn't expect. Dream was feeling all sorts of things. It felt like his heart was warm, that was the only way he could describe it.

"A room full of tarantulas?" He asked, joking to avoid himself from getting flustered from the previous comment.

"As long as you hold my hand." George repeated. He probably noticed Dream's efforts to hide his rosy cheeks, so he repeated it to see it again.

"A restaurant?" Dream wanted to somehow slide in a chance. He had been wanting to take George to a restaurant for ages, and this was the perfect time to hint.

"As long as it's a date." Dream had to stop and think for a moment. He was genuinely thrown back by George's response and he was quite flustered from it too.

"I have your room ready for the most part, do you wanna know who's in the next room to you or wanna keep it a surprise?"

"Who's next to my room?" George sounded like he wanted to be next to Dream, and it was very obvious in the way George looked into Dream's eyes.

"You're on the far left and I'm in the middle." Dream hoped he got it right as he had completely forgotten the layout because he hadn't been home in a while. He found it weird though as he had lived there for a while and had somehow forgotten.

"At least I'm next to you." The flirting was driving Dream crazy, he felt like he was going dizzy from how flustered he was. Thankfully, they were both tired, and they could move their seats back because Dream got upper class seats.

"I'm gonna take a nap." Dream said, trying to get comfortable as he moved his seat back. George moved his seat back too and scooted as close as possible to Dream, pushing the arm rest down. He leaned against Dream's shoulder and close his eyes.

812 words

short chapter bc ive been so so so so busy!

i already have a plan for the rest of this book but any recommendations you'd like i might squeeze it in, depending on what it is though.