Feelings

Dream was in love with George, he couldn't hide it any longer.

Their late night talks that would drift into dawn were Dream's favorite. They would talk for hours on end about the most random things. It was clear to anyone they were best friends, but was it clear one of them liked the other?

Dream knew he loved George, he always had loved him. It has been about 2 months since he had came to the conclusion he was indeed in love with George romantically. It might've been the late night calls, it might've been the platonic flirting, it might've even been the way he stared at George for a little too long, but he knew he loved him. This love he had towards George, wasn't going to go away any time soon, it was a feeling of love Dream had never ever felt before.

He got butterflies just thinking about George, but they would disappear the second he thought about confessing to George. He knew it would be extremely awkward, and he definitely knew George was going the think he was joking. Dream knew it was going to be probably the hardest thing he has ever done. No matter how terrified he was, he had to tell George he loved him while he was still in the UK.

Everytime he even came close or thought about confessing to George, he'd start to panic. His chest would feel right, as if someone was squeezing it and twisting it. His eyes would start to water and his voice throat would go dry. It was confusing because it felt like a panic attack to Dream, but it wasn't one entirely. It felt like he was having a miniature panic attack.

The late night talks were getting to Dream.

What was getting to Dream the most was what would actually happen after he confessed. George didn't show many signs of liking him in a romantic way, he sometimes flirted but there was a high chance that was just their platonic flirting. If George didn't like Dream back, he would try and forget the feelings and carry on as best friends. If George likes him back he would wait until George comes to Florida so they can then elaborate on what they want to do.

Coming to terms with the fact he might actually like George was probably the hardest thing so far. He knew it was such a big risk, yet he was willing to take it just because he loved George so much.

Dream wanted to call George back the second he hung up, but he knew he couldn't, he just had to wait a little longer. The time was going so slow, it felt like he'd have to wait forever just to tell him he loved him, thankfully he could hold back form doing so as George had most likely gone to sleep, thinking Dream had too.

Nothing they did felt platonic to Dream anymore, even when George obviously fake flirted with him, Dream tried his hardest to not think of it as a hint of some sort. It was all so clearly platonic and Dream knew it, but with such slim chances of George liking him back, he took the platonic flirting with a pinch of salt.

These feelings were starting to mess with his head, he needed to lie down and take a break from it all. He couldn't bring himself to do so, all he couldn't think about was confessing to George. He had to confess soon, especially as he already told George he needed to tell him something.

Loving George was the easy part. He could feel butterflies as much as he wanted to he could smile and blush like an idiot as much as he wanted to, and he could simply just have these strong, everlasting feelings without having to worry about anyone finding out. It was telling George that was the hard part.

Dream's thoughts were put to a halt as he saw his bedroom door open in the reflection of his PC screen. He spun around to face Sapnap as he shut the door behind him.

"Are you excited for George moving in finally?" Sapnap smiled, running over to Dream while clapping his hands. Dream turned and faced the PC screen once again with a saddened look on his face. He should be excited for tomorrow, it was George's second to last days of not being home, he should be over the moon. He took a deep breath in and looked up at Sapnap with a forced smile.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" The way Dream tried to force his voice to sound happy and excited confused Sapnap. Dream knew he shouldn't have to fake being happy, but these feelings he had were yet to be confessed.

"You seem awfully upset for someone who's meeting their online best friend after so many years." Sapnap said, making Dream startle a little. He didn't want Sapnap to find out about his feelings, he didn't even want to tell George. He settled on telling George and only George first as he was his main priority in this situation.

"I'm fine, I've just been overthinking everything too much." Dream looked away from the PC screen and back at Sapnap, who could tell he was sad. He looked like something was bothering him, Sapnap always could read Dream's emotions very well.

"What's wrong?" He asked, crouching down while putting a hand on his shoulder. Dream shook his head and took Sapnap's hand away. Sapnap was really good at getting Dream to tell him things, but this thing Sapnap wasn't allowed to know about just yet

"I'd rather not talk about it." He muttered, hoping it would be enough for Sapnap to drop it for now.

"Okay, that's fine. If you're ready to talk I'll be in my room." Sapnap patted his shoulder before walking over to the door so he could exit the room. Before he left the room he looked at Dream and saw he upset he looked at the desk. He had his arms crossed on the desk with his head laying on top, he was completely zoned out into thought. As much as Sapnap wanted to offer his help again, he knew it was best to just let him be for a while.

"Goodnight, Sapnap." Dream mumbled, not even bothering to lift his head up. Dream stared at the still cup of water on his desk. His averted his gaze to his phone, thinking about how much he was dreading confessing to George. It was something that needed to be done, it was a now or never situation in Dream's eyes. He didn't want to wait for George to come to Florida

"Goodnight, Dream." He shut the door behind him, leaving Dream all alone. Normally he would just call George and talk to him if he felt alone, but it felt wrong.

1159 words