Just to get told to go away

Dream had no idea what he was going to do as they had pretty much done everything but talk to each other. Dream somewhat felt ready to talk about his feelings, but was going to wait for George to approach him about it first.

So far, they hadn't even properly spoke to each other. Well, Dream was trying to talk to George and strike up a conversation, but George was just mumbling things back while acting like he was busy so Dream had given up trying to talk. It was starting to make Dream think he should just ask and confront George about his feelings, but he didn't want to make George feel pressured into giving an answer.

Unfortunately for Dream, George's toast was burning and George clearly wasn't paying attention because he was looking at his phone.

"Your toast is burning."

"What?" George turned around and looked at the toaster, quickly pressing the cancel button before pulling it out. Dream wasn't paying too much attention, until he noticed George had somehow burnt his hand while cooking an egg too. George clenched his jaw and shook his hand, as Dream walked over and turned the stove off.

"Are you okay? Look, put some cold water on it." Dream grabbed George's hand and turned on the cold tap, running it over George's hand. George didn't seem like he was even aware that he had burnt his hand at this point, because George just froze and let him rub the cold water on his hand.

"George?"

"I'm fine." George said, slowly drawing his hand back as Dream turned off the tap to put the toast in the bin. He put some new slices of toast in there, this time keeping an eye on it so George wouldn't get into anymore accidents.

"I'll cook it for you, go sit down." Dream said as George shook his hand while gently patting a cloth on his hands to dry them.

"Dream, it's fine. I am able to cook y'know?" George tried leaning over to take over again, but Dream knew it wouldn't last long as George's hand hurt too much. Dream handed George a wet paper towel to hold onto it as he didn't know what else to use.

"I know, I'll just finish cooking it for you." Dream said, putting the egg in the bin as it didn't look edible, or at least nice to eat. Dream got a different egg and cracked it into the pan, as George sat down on the couch, looking at his hand.

Dream felt a bit confused as to why George wasn't talking to him because they had a great time yesterday.  It was confusing, but George did it when they were an ocean away so this probably should be a little easier to work with.

Dream turned the stove on a lower heat as he spread some butter over the toast, keeping an eye on George who was still looking at his hand. Obviously, Dream wanted to help so he quickly put the egg on the toast and walked over to George.

"Is your hand okay?" Dream asked, putting the plate on the coffee table as he sat down next to George. He gently put his hand on top of George's and moved it away to look at his hand, which wasn't burnt too bad but it looked sore still.

George looked up at Dream, who took the wet paper towel and gently pressed it on George's palm, near his thumb. He flinched and sucked in air through his teeth, but let Dream continue. Dream gently kept his hand under George's as he tried to press the wet paper towel on it even more.

That was until George pushed his hand away and stood up. Dream looked up at him, confused. He went to stand up but before he could George walked off into his room and shut the door.

Dream had no idea what he was supposed to do. He didn't know if he should check up on George, or stay away, so he decided it was probably best to stay away for a little while, then go in and check up on him.

He first, stood up and put the wet paper towel in the bin. Dream looked over at George's room as he washed the dishes, thinking about what he could've done wrong. If he hurt George's hand even more, then George most definitely would've said something, but it didn't seem like that was the problem.

Dream sighed as he dried his hands while pushing the toaster back where it belonged, and the plate back in one of the cupboards. It was confusing, but he was sure he'd find out what was wrong eventually.

Instead of putting it off, he just walked up to George's room and gently knocked on the door. There was no point in stalling, so he was going to trust his gut and just go for it.

He didn't get a reply, so he just slowly opened the door to see George awkwardly standing in front of him, around 2 metres away.

"Are you okay, you just...walked off?" Dream muttered, walking up to George, who shook his head. He seemed just as confused as Dream did with his expression. His eyebrows were furrowed as he looked everywhere except at Dream.

George looked at Dream, slowly taking a step forward. Dream looked down at George, wondering if he wanted a hug or for him to leave, so he just stood there awkwardly.

George put his hands on Dream's shoulders, and at this point he really couldn't tell if George was about to turn him around and make him leave, or pull him into a hug.

But, it was something entirely different.

George tilted his head to the right and pulled Dream into a kiss by his shoulders. Dream was shocked, not knowing what to dox his hands hovering over George as he was too scared to pull him closer. George's hands dropped down to Dream's chest, clutching onto the fabric of his hoodie, pulling him closer. Dream took that as a signal, so he snaked a hand up behind George's neck and into his hair where he tilted his head to the side and continued to kiss him.

They both had to pull away eventually, and they did, feeling breathless afterwards. Dream looked at George, who was looking down but his cheeks were visibly pink. Dream was about to say something, he was quite sure what, but he was cut off.

George's hands dropped from Dream's shoulders and three fingers gently pushed him away by his chest. Dream was confused, and showed that but George just shook his head as he looked down.

It was like something had just snapped, something had changed entirely and Dream couldn't tell what it was. It felt like the atmosphere was completely different and not like how it was a few seconds ago.

"George?" Dream asked, wondering why he had just pulled him into a kiss, just to push him away and to not look back up at him.

"Dream- It's late, you should go to bed." George looked down and slightly tried to turn Dream around towards the door. Dream took a few steps back as George basically refused to look up at him.

"Wh-" Dream said, taking a few more steps back so he was now very nearly out of George's room. George shook his head and continued to push him out the room by his chest.

"Dream go." George finally got him out the room with one final push and stood in the doorway. He looked up at Dream, he looked like he was scared, confused and like he was about to cry.

"What do you mean, where?" Dream asked, hoping George hadn't quite literally kissed him to them kick him out.

"Anywhere just go away." George slammed the door shut in Dream's face. Dream didn't understand what had just happened, and where he was meant to go, so just stood there for a moment, stunned.

Dream didn't think kissing George would end up leaving himself feeling this hurt.

1361 words