Refreshed

Dream was feeling a lot more refreshed than yesterday, especially as he had plently of sleep, a shower, and most importantly, George wasn't awake either so had had some time to himself to think about how he could try and either avoid or fix things depending on how it would go.

As of right now, he was sitting in front of the TV eating lunch while he waited for George to wake up. It was around 11AM, so he knew George would wake up sooner or later. Coincidentally, as Dream was thinking about him waking up, George groaned and rubbed his eyes, looking around probably to see where he was.

"What's the time?" He groaned as he sat up and leaned against the backrest of the couch. Dream stared at him for a moment, wondering if he knew he fell asleep on his shoulder, before looking at the clock.

"11AM, I didn't want to wake you up so I just let you sleep in." Dream put the remote on the coffee table and waited for a response, as George slowly tried to wake himself up a little more.

"Do you want to...watch a movie or something?" George asked, standing up to go in the kitchen. Dream made some french toast earlier, so he followed George into the kitchen to show him.

"I made you breakfast." Dream handed him a plate and saw George smile. Dream could've sworn his heart stopped beating for a few seconds because George's smile was beautiful. His smile was so pure and genuine it made Dream get butterflies like never before. He if course, looked away and pretended to clean up after himself.

"Thank you, sorry I would've made it myself but-" Dream cut George off, not wanting him to make it seem like Dream felt the need to do it for him.

"No, it's fine it's not hard to make. I don't mind cooking and you were asleep so I thought I should just make extras." Of course, the real reason Dream made them for George was because french toast was one of his favorites, and he wanted to see George smile.

"Okay, did you want to watch a movie or go for a walk?" George asked, taking a bite out of his toast as he checked his phones notifications. Dream took note of it, realizing George definitely saw his messages and missed calls, meaning he had ignored them on purpose. Dream mentally pinched himself for putting that thought in his head.

"Let's just watch a movie, I don't want to get recognized with you." Dream was thankful he thought of a good excuse earlier. He knew exactly what George was planning to talk about on the walk, especially as he seemed persistent with it. When the time came he knew he would, but currently he wanted to just have some quality time with George in person, something he had never had before.

George followed him over to the couch and sat down right next to him. George appeared to notice Dream immediately tensed up at this, which was worrying as Dream was trying to avoid talking about his feelings for the time being.

"I can go sit on that sofa if you want?" George stood up to go move, but Dream gently grabbed his arm and shook his head, signalling for him to sit back down. Dream knew he would feel guilty otherwise, and he also liked being close to George, it was just something he needed to get used to. He just needed to push away the butterflies and focus on the time he was spending with George.

"Are you cold?" Dream asked, grabbing the blankets that were still on the couch from when George woke up. George nodded and leaned forward so Dream could put the blanket around him. Dream put his arm around George and handed him the other corner of the blanket.

"How's Sapnap?" George asked, striking up a conversation. Dream would've panicked at this, but he didn't. He felt like he wasn't even scared if George asked him about his feelings now. Maybe it was the fact he felt refreshed after having a shower and catching up on some sleep, but he wasn't nervous at all.

"I called him earlier, the most devastating thing he said to me was that Patches missed me." Dream laughed, thinking about how Patches would always hide in his clothes or would always climb on his lap as he edited videos. He also

"Does Patches sleep in your room?" George asked, leaning slightly more on Dream's shoulder. Dream was too distracted to even notice it happening as he was more focused on talking about Patches.

"Most of the time, sometimes she'll sleep on her little cat chair." Dream made many hand gestures as he spoke, but when he finished his sentence he just placed them back down on his lap and watched the TV. It took him a moment to realize George was laying on his shoulder, but once he did he tensed up.

This wasn't like when George accidentally fell asleep on his shoulder, this was intentional. George was fully conscious and was practically snuggled up to him, which was making Dream get so many mixed signals. A few days ago George wasn't replying to his texts or communicating with him, now he was laying on his shoulder and asking questions about Patches.

"Do you want to watch something different?" George asked, Dream could barely tell what George said as he was thinking about why George was laying on his shoulder like that. He dismissed it though, blaming it on his overthinking.

"Uh, yeah, you can choose." Dream mumbled, not even paying attention as he felt George lift his head off his shoulder to get the remote. He clicked off of it and retired to his previous position, making Dream realized he wasn't overthinking everything and it was intentional.

Of course, they seemed to be having a nice time together already. Spending this quality time with George and not having to worry about his thoughts were refreshing, so he knew he had to push them away. Something seemed off about George but he ignored it and continued watching TV.

They spent most of their day watching movies. They obviously spoke a few times about what characters should've done what and who was in the wrong, but other than that they didn't speak much and just enjoyed each other's presence.

1111 words

okay i actually had to rush this one so sorry if it got bad in the end. only because next chapter is going to be something but not something you entirely expect.