Unpacking

Dream tried his hardest when he woke up to forget about George's room and the packages, but he couldn't. So, he got some random Dream aligned all the photo frames on the bottom shelf, trying to picture what they could've put in them. There was no point in imagining it and Dream kept telling himself that, but he couldn't stop thinking about how George should be doing this with him. 

Boyfriend or not, Dream would've loved George to just be with him and help him to this, but he was an ocean away and wasn't replying to him. It felt like an ache in his chest that wouldn't leave, he wanted to say something to George, even seeing him or hearing him would make him feel better but George wasn't going to reach out. 

Dream grabbed George's bear and gently remade the bed as he moved the boxes on the floor. He placed the bear on top of the pillow and sat it next to another bear that Dream bought George a while back. Something was just convincing him to do this, he knew George wasn't going to fly over, he had been telling himself that for ages now yet he still kept acting as if George was coming over soon.

Nonetheless, he continued to rummage through the box to try and find more things to go on the shelves. It was one of the most comforting yet upsetting things he has ever done, and yet he still didn't feel like anything had changed.

He missed George, he loved him so much and he just wanted a hug. At this point it didn't even have to be George, it just had to be from someone who understood, yet no one did because he couldn't bring himself to explain the full story. Dream was ultimately on his own for this one.

Dream grabbed the last thing in the box which was George's clothes. He saw his own hoodie that he sent George months and months ago, and it looked like George wore it a lot, he decided to just fold that one and leave it on the bed so if George came home, he'd have that to put on. With the rest of the clothes, he folded them up and put them in the draws, some of the very nice clothes on coat hangers.

At this point he couldn't venture on, he has to stop because he was feeling so discouraged and it was like his own words were haunting him just as much as his thoughts were.

Dream grabbed the oversized hoodie that he folded and put it on without hesitation. It was the only thing that seemed like it would stop him from crying, but the second he laid down and his head hit the pillow, the tears started to fall. He curled up into a ball and grabbed his phone, clicking on George's contact, this time to just scroll through their old messages.

The messages where their friendship wasn't ruined by some feelings, the friendship where they were practically inseparable, despite being an ocean away. It was baffling how clingy they were to each other despite a whole ocean preventing them from seeing each other in person, get they still made it work.

Dream wasn't kidding when he said he'd give up forever to touch George, especially at this point in time, he felt like it most. He wanted to hold George close to him, a nice warm embracement that would feel like they couldn't pull apart.

Dream clenched onto the phone harshly as he sat up and cleared his throat. An idea and struck, it has been with him for a while but now he was going through with it, otherwise he's continue to feel dejected.

This was now the time, he had unpacked everything and this felt best, it felt right. He slowly hovered his thumb above the call button, before pressing down on it with his eyes closed. It dialed for a while, and as expected, it continued to dial. It was okay though, Dream expected George not to pick up, that's why he was planning to leave a message.

"I love you so much, George." That was all he could say before his voice broke and no words came out. He ended the call and just left it at that. George wasn't going to call back and he most likely wouldn't even read the voicemail anyways.

He had unpacked near enough all of George's stuff and now he was just laying on George's bed, in his own hoodie, but a hoodie George had worn many times before. It was comforting, and what was even more comforting was reading through old texts that didn't have any worries behind them when they were written.

He missed being able to click on George's contact with a big smile and a funny story prepared to tell him, but now he would just click on George's contact with no expression, and no story to tell.

838 words