Chapter 20

'Saber' was in hyperspace on its way to the secret base of the man of Illusion. They managed to get the coordinates of the base , where the leader of the Cerberus organization is located. Kira occupied the pilot's seat , Eli in Shepard's room. Matteo were looking for information on Cerberus. 

"According to my data. Cerberus is a pro-human organization dedicated to strengthening the position of the human race in the galaxy. Unfortunately they are doing wrong - more I would say , they use evil methods to achieve their goals - massive corruption of governments , planting their people in the governments of other planets , illegal research , development of various technologies , o they even have their own private military. I have discovered that they use other races as slaves to, for example, extract raw materials and minerals. They break every law that exists," she explained making a surprised face.

Matteo sighed "Do we know who their leader is?"

"The Illusion Man" - Rosalia began - A mysterious gentleman who likes to drink whiskey and smoke cigarettes in large quantities. I know , he has eye implants that match his hair. The closest co-worker is Miranda Lawson - a genetically engineered woman from scratch. She is as loyal as a gardener's dog. Man Illusion trusts only her. I learned something interesting.

"What's that?" Shepard asked.

"They have a very large budget-more than yours or any country on Earth. They have many successful experiments - resurrecting people , rebuilding cells , regenerating lost limbs , and creating their own people sensitive to the Force." 

"Da fuck?" Matteo responded. Rosalia showed him the design that Cerberus had made. He already knew that the mission would be much more difficult. Shit!

"Are we retreating?" The AI looked at him giving him a slightly saddened look.

"No , we can't. He feels , this is something bigger - some bigger puzzle," he took out a list of names. He then unbuckled his lightsaber from his belt and ignited it. He cut the list in half - the paper burned. Shepard finally saw through it. That's when Kira connected with Matt.

"I'm coming out of hyperspace" She informed  . Matt decided this time not to go to the cockpit and look at something in front of his ship. The Force prompted him , that he would receive a call from his enemy. And so it happened - the Illusion Man contacted him. As always, he was sitting in his chair , smoking a cigarette. His blue eyes were directed toward Shepard.

"Hello Commander. Nice to see you after so many years," he greeted. Matteo snorted.

"What do you want?"

"What you - to achieve peace in the galaxy and show humanity what it is capable of" The Cerberus leader answered.

"I don't recall , being racist and enslaving other races. Is that what it says in the Chosen One prophecy? Because I don't fucking remember." Matteo said laughing a little under his breath - humor momentarily took hold of him. The Illusion man croaked.

"You don't understand Shepard - just like you I'm fighting for a better galatics. Ever since the Empire came into being I've been trying to help others as best I can." - He explained. Matteo almost laughed.

"Nonsense! You only save people you racist bastard! I have a piece of advice for you - you'd better bunker down in that office of yours or thereabouts in the big room overlooking the star. Because I'm going to storm in there with full force and cut myself in half with my lightsaber. Peace brotha!" Matty hung up . He turned around and saw Eli Henderson - he had finished his meditation. Shepard approached him.