Chapter 21

Matteo landed on Thessi crashing. All systems whether targeting or engine were dead. Rosalia being in serious condition failed to recharge the field. Numerous things burned out during the battle with the Cerberus army , mercenaries , bounty hunters and asari warriors. The screens flicked red indicating the numerous damages. Matteo got up from his seat - he was all sore, his face and armor were covered with the blood of his enemies. Anger flowed through his veins - he had been used by Ne'rra just to draw attention to himself, and in the meantime the Asari Order had not only mercilessly murdered innocents and other people, but had found his missing daughter Jubilee, Mistress Arla Jareni, padawan Damian Reese, and found lost artifacts of an unknown ancient race. He felt that he had no more strength - he fell to one knee quickly catching air. Then Rosalia appeared looking at Shepard.

 "Matteo!" She called out worrying about her friend. He looked at her still breathing.

"I have to . . . I have to get to the temple . . . I have to save them . I won't let Ne'rra kill them . No . ."

"Not in this condition. You won't be able to get there - you used a lot of biotic energy during the fight not only with the Illusive man but also the rest of the people sent by Elder Mother Ne'rra. Add to that the battle in space , which I suffered heavily - and still do. With the help of your Power, you created the field and saved me from the disintegration of my system into a fine poppy. You are wonderful!" Rosalia said finishing cheerfully. Matteo laughed coughing.

"You always have a sense of humor , when the situation is hopeless?"

"As I said - that's my program. Do you have any ideas?" She asked. Matteo saw that on the radar of approaching enemies - he guessed that it was the Ne'rra army wanting to catch Shepard and bring him before her. Matt began to stand up slowly putting his hand on the chair.

"Are the cannons working?" He asked pointing toward the cockpit exit.

"Yes they are working , but they can get seriously damaged at any time. I should understand your thinking but in the state I am in I can't understand anything," Rosalia announced.

"We will make 'Saber' a fortress. I will go to the armory , take all the weapons , grenades and mines. If I make it in time I will have an advantage over them. They won't know what will hit them," Matteo said going to the armory. Rosalia had another confusion in her virtual head. 

'It's suicide. Even for you!'

Matteo stood still.

"I will die or die tryin" After these words, he moved further into the armory getting ready to defend himself. 

The army of the Asari Order arrived on the scene. They turned off their speeder and took their weapons. They had the support of the best Asari female warriors. The leader of the team stopped in place while , his men walked on. One of the soldiers stepped on a mine causing a chain reaction and killing several soldiers. Matteo then opened fire with his blaster and began eliminating the rest. The Asari warriors created a field to deflect the bullets. Then the cannon advanced from above and began destroying the speeder. One by one, the Asari Order vehicles exploded from the heavy gunfire. Matteo used the Force to raise all the weapons and flexed two fingers in his hands, opening fire and forcing the enemy to retreat. The asari held the shield as best they could. One of them looked at the younger warrior.