⬍ 38 - HUNTER

FAMILY GOLFING DAY

FAMILY GOLFING DAY

The sun is so hot and the hat on my head barley helps with the fact that I feel like if I'm going to melt into a puddle

The sun is so hot and the hat on my head barley helps with the fact that I feel like if I'm going to melt into a puddle. The trees around us are also of no fucking help. They provide us with little to no fucking shade.

On the other hand, Violet is beside me looking unbothered as she opens a box of pizza. She just looks so happy and content with having me and the guys around her right now. That alone calms the real discomfort I feel.

Call me selfish but I like that she's sticking to us like if she's glued to us. It looks like we're an actual family. It calms me.

"It looks like Lance likes playing with Star." Violet whispers to me which snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I nod as I watch her serve me a big slice of pizza. "I'm pretty sure he likes that he has a kid to play with."

I wish Micah would let me introduce my son to his. However, I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. I'm pretty sure Micah is pissed at me for some reason. I just get that feeling and I don't know how to bring the subject forward to him. I also don't think I have the patience to have a conversation with him after how shitty he treated Violet, twice.

As if she could read my mind, she mentions him to me. "You and the others told me that your guys friend, Micah has a son. Why don't you and Micah come up with a playdate so they could play with each other?"

"I don't think that's a great idea." I say as I hand her a napkin from the stack that I have in front of me. "His son is younger than mine."

"And? I remember playing with kids older than me as a child. I-" She pauses. "How much younger is he?" She asks me, looking like she backtracked.

I want to say give or take fifteen months, but I don't.

Instead, I say. "I don't know." Not because I don't want to tell her, but because I can feel Kol's and Christian's eyes on me from across the fucking field. It burns my fucking skin.

After a few seconds, I see them both look from me to Garrett which is on the other side of Violet. What the fuck are they looking for?

"Oh." She frowns. "Then maybe later in time." She says with a small shrug.