⬍ 20 - VIOLET

THE PHONE

THE
PHONE

"So do you want me to drive you home?" Kol asks me as I put on my seatbelt

"Yeah, but can we stop by and get milkshakes?" I ask him as I finish putting for my belt and reach for my phone from my butt pocket.

I freeze as I come up empty. Shit.

"Wait, I left my phone in the arts and crafts room." I say and feel my heart begin to race. "Who did you give the keys to?" I ask him as I instantly rush to take off my seatbelt.

"Do you want me to go get it?" Kol says as if I never asked him a question.

"No, I got it." I shake my head. "Who did you give the keys to?" I ask him again.

He seems hesitant for a while till I tilt my head at him and give him a flat faced reaction.

He sighs. "Blaise." He shakes his head. "Are you sure you don't want me to go get it? I'm sure I can-" I cut him off.

"No, I got it." I open the car door. "I can deal with my men just fine, thank you." I mumble to myself and quickly get out of the car.

I rush back into the school and straight for the Christmas activity once again.

I look around for any of my men but come up empty handed.

"Your back early my dear, I thought you left already." I jump at a sudden voice behind me.

"Oh Mrs. Honey. You scared me." She walks till she's right beside me. "I'm looking for Mr. Dawson. I accidently left my phone in the arts and crafts room, and I heard that he has the keys."

"I'm pretty sure he went up to his classroom along with Mr. Reid a few minutes ago." She says then nods. "If you can't find him, then you could just come back to me and I could just grab the other pair of keys from the main office." She motions at the area we are in. "I'll be around here."

I nod and smile at her. "Thank you, Mrs. Honey." I say and quickly rush away.

I head straight for the arts and crafts room. "So much walking." I mumble to myself as I finally reach the top of the second staircase.