⬍ 35 - BLAISE

DRIVING CLOSER TO THE FINISH LINE

DRIVING CLOSER TO
THE FINISH LINE

"You guys got me jealous with the wife of Elijah and his wife's sister

"You guys got me jealous with the wife of Elijah and his wife's sister." Violet says as she puts on her seatbelt. "Unbelievable."

I can't help but to fake a chuckle.

"You got us jealous with Garrett's stepson." I say as I put the gearstick on drive and pull out of the driveway. "Should we call it even?"

I mean for it to sound like a humorous joke, but it doesn't come out that way. Probably because the jealousy within me takes over my tone of voice.

"No." I hear Violet say as I hear the click on her belt. "Far from it."

"Stop it, both of you" Ashton says as he puts his window down. "Did you get some questions answered?"

"Yeah, some." She says with a small nod.

"Good." I nod in return as I follow after Hunter.

"So, can you finally tell me what split you and your brother up?" I hear Violet ask.

"Are you talking to me or him?" Ashton asks as I hear him tapping on his phone.

"Both." She says but then she shakes her head. "Mainly you though." She says as she turns to him. "Mrs. Honey said she believes your brother is marrying Scarlett as a form of payback. She said it had something to do with the girl you guys had in your group. Everlee? Therefore, I want you to explain."

"Oh, that." Ashton sighs. "Dustin stupidly thinks that I slept with Everlee after she graduated."

He says it so bluntly, like if he truly doesn't want to talk about it. However, I truly want things cleared. Maybe it will make all things easier.

"Why would he think that? You said you only slept with two people. So, either she's the one you screwed in the closet or-" Violet trails off.

"Nobody other than me and you know that Ashton has only slept with two people." I explain for Ashton. "Not even Hunter and Garrett."