CHAPTER 46 : DESPERATION

Desperation

Nakatingin lang ako sa kanila na niyayakap ang bawat isa.

Again, I remember how important a friendship is. I remember that no matter where you go, what you are, where you came from and who you was, you will found yourself having a friend. No matter how hard life is, with a friend by your side, you don't feel defeated, anymore.

While looking at them, I remember Mama's friends. Ganito din sila noong nag-bonding sila noong nakaraang gabi. Hindi ko lang mag-imagine na may ganito pa rin sa mundo. They have a strong bond that no one can break even if it's the strongest typhoon.

Napangiti naman akong nakatingin sa kanila.

“I'm sorry, nadramahan ka namin.” biglang sabi ni Niña at nagpahid ng luha.

“Wow, grabi bumaha sipon ko.” dagdag pa ni Josephine kaya napatawa kaming lahat.

Umupo ako ng maayos at nakangiting pinagmamasdan sila.

“I beg your pardon, I was the reason for you guys to be like this. I didn't know... I didn't know you've been struggling before you guys met.” I said sadly, sharing my sympathy to them. They nodded and laughed so hard while wiping their tears.

“You know, we don't cry. We promised not to cry but look at us, we are wet crying ducklings.” Niña stated.

I just joined their laughs and can't stop thinking of having friends.

“Anyways, I was just about to discuss something but I guess, we have no time since it's time for the next session.” sabi ni Josephine kaya mabilis akong napatingin sa wrist-watch ko at napasinghab nang makita kong 5 minutes nalang, magsisimula na ang next subject.

Mabilis kaming tumayo at nagsitabuhan.

“Why didn't you tell immediately?!” I asked.

“How would I know, e tinanong mo kami,  and I am not expecting na magdadrama pala kami ng ganoon katagal.” Josephine responded. Oh, dammit.

Halos patakbo na kaming naglalakad dahil sa kamamadali pero bilang naging magnetic ang floor at napahinto ako dahil sa nakikita ko sa unahan namin. It's Ally who's with that eye glass eye, she is looking at me and walking towards my direction furiously.

“Hey, why are stopping out of sudden?” Niña asked, the twins automatically stopped running and looked at me.

Napabalik silang tatlo sa tabi ko nang makita nila ang sitwasyon sa unahan. Allyiah is so furious, her eyes want to kill us. Hindi ako makagalaw dahil sa kaba, takot at pangamba. I don't even know why she were so angry and what did I do to make her feel angry.

And her furious eyes met my nervous eyes, her eye expression suddenly changed. And when she got near, she looked at me without any words, she's furious, worried and sad.

“I was worried... Dammit, where did you go...?” she asked, the way she ask those, it feels a cold wind that's so soft and gentle, but her expression says the opposite.

It taked 30 seconds before I could answer. Naglalakad pa siya papunta sa akin, hindi ko alam kung bakit ganito ang reaction niya. Her reaction is the same as that day we first encounter a demon.

“Almira, did you know that we almost search the whole campus just to find you? Where did you go? Did you know that it's dangerous roaming around without someone you know?” Allyiah exclaimed out of sudded. I don't know kung saan nanggaling ang mga galit at pag-aalalang tono na iyon.

“I... I was with them.” I nervously said and pointed Niña, Josephine and Jhoana which is beside me na nakayuko at kinakabahan na rin.

Tiningnan niya ang mga kasama ko at lalong sumama ang tingin niya na tila may malaking galit sa kanilang tatlo. Kanina pa siya diyan sa reaction niyang nakakatakot.