CHAPTER 33 : UNFAMILIAR WAY

Unfamiliar Way

Hay...

Nakahinga rin kaming lahat ng maayos lalo na ako. What happened lately was absolutely a nightmare. Kahit anong gawin ko, kahit ipikit ko ang mga mata ko, ginigising parin ako ng diwa ko dahil sa pangyayari na 'yon.

Demons are scary, powerful and unpredictable. No one can predict them. And it scares me. I already saw Three demons within this week. No one will survive after that. Their face and aura are intimidating.

At sa bawat paglipas ng oras, araw at panahon, the more silang nakakatakot. And I don't still know how to deal with them. Ghosts are too scary, sila pa kaya na pwede akong patayin anumang oras nila gusto? And knowing the Hour Demon knows me, I don't have faith to myself to survive.

Manipulating hours? Men, that's unbeatable.

“Damn it. I'd rather stay to that creepy school than dealing with dark shadow creatures.” Allyiah grumbled and punch the chair she's sitting.

Binaliwala ko nalang siya at sinandal sa sarili sa upuan biting sasakyan. I hear Mom and Dad talking about random things while on the other hand, Zhyrheil is just seriously driving while looking at the side mirror. So he's not letting his guards down even if we are now far from that house.

I wonder how to survive without them all. I wonder how can I save myself if they're not around. I still get panicked. I still feel numbed whenever enemies are approaching and I still need a person to tug me. I can't survive alone.

Argh. I think too much. My brain flies too far.

“You okay there?” Allyiah asked all of a sudden, I stopped from moving and nodded slowly. But she suddenly moved me to face her and my eyes met her calm and expressionless eyes. “You look like something's bothering you. Is it the demon awhile ago?”

I sit properly and look forward. “Maybe. I'm still—” she cut me off,

“You've seen demons three times, the demon you had an eye to eye contact at school, the demons who tried to steal your soul and that Hour demon, bakit ka pa rin natatakot? It's normal to be afraid at first but it's not acceptable to do the same at the second time and third time. They're all demons at the first place. They're all the same.” she said and didn't bother to look at me, she is just staring outside wearing that serious face carrying none of the expression.

“You can only say that because you can't really see their faces.” I responded, I can manage to control my anger, at first, she pissed me but now, she actually make me angry but it's no longer useful to argue. I'm not interested about it anymore. Whatever she said, I'll accept it.

Bigla ko namang naramdaman ang tingin niya sa akin kaya napakuyom ako. “You're still a scary cat, Almira.” aniya kaya napaangat ako ng tingin habang napakuyom. I am going to punch this girl if ever I lost my emotion control. “And that makes a person become weak. If you will always get scared and get your fears rule your body,” she stopped and bowed down to make me hear her whisper, “You will always be a failure. And you will die, right away.” she whispered that made my whole blood flow upward really fast, it boils my blood and makes me want to curse her, punch her and drive her away.

I look at her really mad and was about to speak when Zhyrheil yawned. “Ugh. I'm sleepy, I badly want to sleep here.” sabay sabay kaming napalingon sa kanya na unti-unti nang pinipikit ang mga mata niya. Damn him!

Agad namin siyang binato ng bag kaya parang nabuhayan siya at napahawak sa ulo niya. “What was that for?!” he turned his back to us while shriveling from the pain to his back.

I look at him with frowzled. “Are trying to kill us? Die alone.” I said. He just look at me and smirked, “Well, it's fun if we die together, you know.” aniya at bumalik sa pagda-drive.