No Matter What

"Here, eat this" Toffee said as he handed Marco some gruel.

"I don't get why I have to be in this stupid glass chamber again. I think I've made it pretty clear I don't hate you" Marco said as he tapped on the glass.

He had been placed in the same type of chamber when Star came to rescue him from Ludo's castle. It was just as tough as before.

"I'm placing you in here because I'm giving you back this" Toffee said as he handed Marco the wand.

"The... wand? Why?"

"Because I think me and you could really make a change. I'll talk to you about it later"

"Okay...?"

...

"Okay, guys. Marco has the wand, so, while I don't think he would want to, he can put up a fight" Star said as she pointed to the map.

The gang nodded and walked out into the cold Mewni outdoors.

"Marco, Marco!" The others called out.

"Earthturd! Earthturd!" Ponyhead called out.

"Pony" Star said unimpressed.

"Sorry, Sorry. Marco! Marco!"

"I don't think this is getting us anywhere. We need to go further out" Tom said.

"Agreed. Jorby, move out" Kelly said as she went ahead on her wolf monster.

The others followed.

...

"Dip down..." Eclipsa whispered.

"Dip down..."

"Don't just say it, do it!" Glossaryck said to her.

"I'm trying, okay!"

"Just... think about the hobo gravy. The chunks are at the bottom"

"Hobo gravy? Ugh... this is hopeless!" Eclipsa grumbled.

She stood up and walked away.

"Something is troubling you, isn't it my Queen?" Glossaryck asked.

"No. I'm fine" she said bluntly.

"I've been around for generations. I knew your mother. Her mother and her mother's grandmother. I know when something is troubling a queen"

"I... feel guilty, Glossaryck"

"For destroying Marco's home and potentially killing everyone he loved?"

"Wow. Thanks"

"Sorry. I understand. I assure you Marco will come to his senses and return the wand but until then, you have to dip down if you want to make your way through this mess"

"How did Star do it? Dip down, I mean"

"I locked her crush in the closet and made him almost read out her deepest, darkest, dirtiest desires out loud from her diary"

"Wow. Okay. Let's not do that"

"It's effective" Glossaryck mentioned.

"No way"

"Okay. How about we focus on Marco? He seems to have an emotional link to you right now"

"No... please no..."

"Trust me. This will not only help you, but it'll also help you dip down. Now, how do you think Marco is feeling right now?"

"Angry, sad and confused"

"Good. Now. How are you feeling right now"

"Guilty, angry and depressed"

"Okay... and if Marco was here now what would you like to say to him?"