Chapter 33

...Although she didn't say it, Aidah knew better than not to keep that conversation a secret.

*

"Latest parents in town." Jasmine said as she entered Eira's room. Sa'eeda's trousseau was brought, Eira gave birth to a bouncing baby girl and she got discharged.

"You're so shameless. Both of you are so shameless." She shook her head as she took off Aayan's baby carrier.

"Shh, they're sleeping." Zayn told her and stood up, tucking his wife in for the nth time.

"The sight was so beautiful, I should've snapped it." Jasmine said with a creepy smile when Zayn stood before her.

"Aayan sleeps too much don't you think it's abnormal?" A worried looking Zayn asked.

"That's because he's on medication for his flu. Some of them do cause drowsiness." She spoke so low, careful enough not to wake Eira up.

"Let's go to the living room and talk. We need to talk." He said the last sentence in a really serious tone.

With Aayan to her body and her handbag and baby carrier on the other hand, she followed her brother outside feeling so weak with the way he talked.

"Jasmine?" He called and she looked at him.

"Yes."

"Why are you mad at your husband for an irrelevant reason?"

"Oh I see. He told you so?" Her facial features softened, then hardened again.

"It doesn't matter if he or anyone else told me. I don't want to judge you without hearing why. Prove me wrong, I think whatever reason you may have cannot justify what you're doing to him."

"So now he wants to get between the both of us. You're siding with him because he's you're friend?" Jasmine said unbelievably, shaking her head. She realised she shouldn't have done that, it was her elder brother she was talking to.

"I'm not siding with anyone completely. I'm partially siding with each of you, but I'm more on his side, I know both sides of the story from all angles while you only know your side of it, truly." He spoke to her in a calm voice, hoping that should calm her down.

"Of course I know his side if the story." She resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"What do you know?" He asked and leaned back on the couch.

"Everything, Zayn, everything."

"You don't know nothing I promise you. The perspective you're using to view everything is fake."

"You're meaning to say, Hafsat's death is fake, Muslim's marriage with Ummulkhayr is also fake. Oh I understand, took me long to grab that." She sarcastically said.

"I'm not saying that. You're mad at him because he married Ummulkhayr while you're the one that went ahead with everything. You should be ashamed of yourself, Jasmine." He tried so hard not to yell at her.

"Really Zayn? Wow, just wow. I'm just trying to get used to the change in my home and again, I lost that soul sister that understood me more than any of my biological siblings would, I lost the only person that knew me like the back of her hand, that person that knew how to say the most unpleasant things in the sweetest ways. She left me in the midst of toxicity, where no one wants to understand my pain, you all just criticise me for showing a bit of my pain." She painfully chuckled and lightly shook her head. "How I wish I were with her on that day, how I wish I was the one that left this cursed world." She breathed deeply, she must not cry! That was something she was working on.

"Jasmine don't say that, I didn't mean to—"she said her palm to stop.

"Your friend betrayed me, you can't see that because you're not me, you won't reason it. I'm hurt because he broke my heart, I'm sorry for that." She said and stood up, fixing her baby carrier.