Chapter 08.

Somewhere far from home, Nigeria.

A smartly dressed young man, probably in his early 30's stopped in front of a door. "HOD" was written on the door, he knocked before sauntering in.

"Sir," he called, breaking the quietude moment as he closed the door behind him. Before him sat a handsome man behind an elegant table, playing with the globe on the table. The man was decidedly facing some life problems or challenges, maybe he was weak on the inside.

Looking at the name pennon on his table, it was written: Zayn Usman Sa'ad, PhD. So it's obvious, that's Jasmine brother.

"Yes Yusuf." Zayn said while sighing and looked at the man he called ‘Yusuf’

"Good morning." Yusuf greeted and sat on one of the chairs opposite Zayn.

"Any news?" Zayn decided to be straight forward, Yusuf would only come uninvited to provide him with information regarding some people he endeared.

"Yes." Yusuf said and ensconced himself to look at his boss. "In the past week, it came to me that Jasmine got married 7 weeks ago." Yusuf said what made Zayn's lips crept into a duchenne smile even though he was surprised.

"Mrs Sadeeq Hakeem" escaped his lips. "Happy is an understatement for what she must be feeling. I'm also happy."

"No sir, not Sadeeq. Muslim, Mrs Muslim Omar." Yusuf blurted.

"What! Are they crazy or what? How can they do that to both of them?" Zayn said in shock as the thought of sadness embracing his sister scared him. "Yusuf, are you sure about this?" He asked to be sure.

"I'm certain. She's even going for psychotherapy, doctors suggested that because she's kind of traumatized and that her life is at stake because of the attack it would cause to her heart if care is not taken." Yusuf added.

"Ya Allah." Zayn said in a whisper-like voice. Seeing that Zayn was shocked, Yusuf decided to leave.

"I have some students to attend to. I'll see you later." Yusuf said and dashed out.

The news Zayn heard about his family shocked him to the core. He was wondering how on earth it happened, yeah it was clear that they didn't love each other since Jasmine was going for an effing therapy! His sister's life was a mess, he was sure.

He rested his head on his chair looking up and thinking of whatever. He was thinking of the situation Muslim and Jasmine were in. He decided to dail her contact and hear her voice, he knew he could be able to sense her mood from her voice.

Since he knew the number offhand, he dailed and it went through. She answered the called and kept quiet.

"Hello is this Mrs Muslim?" He tried to sound formal.

"Um...no, I mean yeah. Who is this please?" She replied stuttering. It didn't go unnoticed by Zayn that she cried not long ago.

"Can I have your address please?" Zayn asked.

"Why? I don't even know you." She stated.

"Your husband ordered um...a gown...yeah a gown from our site, today is the day or delivery but we lost the address and his contact is not available." Yeah he was good at cooking stories, he made her believe him and she told him the address. He arranged for the trip that morning and left for the state he left two years ago.

*

"Muslim. You ordered something?" Jasmine asked when she started being doubtful about the call. How did they get her contact then?

"Order? Nah I didn't. Why?" He asked as his brows came together in perplexity.

"Nothing." She smiled and took her phone. She checked owner of that number on Truecaller. When she saw the name that appeared, she screamed and threw the phone but Muslim quickly grabbed it before it reached the ground. He kept the phone on the couch and quickly went to her.