Chapter 16

..it took them about eight hours before they finally arrived at their destination.

They were given a hearty welcome by Aidah's husband's family, since they were already there before them, both families were so happy to meet after a long time and of course, they conversed a lot to bridge up the gap and to catch up with what they missed.

"Masha Allah, he's so cute. Allahumma barik fih (May Allah bless him)." Jasmine said and stared at the baby, she didn't want to let go of him for a split second.

"He's a quarter-caste, so he should be." Sa'eeda said, making the members of the room to giggle.

"I don't know how he managed to look like you." Aidah said with a little laugh, referring to Sa'eeda.

"Maybe I'm his monther, who knows?" She said and shrugged her shoulders.

"But he looks too much like his daddy. The long slender nose says it all." Aisha talked.

"Are you trying to say my nose is not as fine as Tahir's?" Aidah said, feigning anger.

"No, no, how dare me?" Aisha laughed and others joined too.

"Jasmine. How's your husband?" Sara, Tahir's mother asked. "Heard you got married."

"He's doing great." Jasmine smiled nervously at the elder woman's question.

"You look sick. Are you okay?" Sara asked, this time with a knowing smile.

Jasmine suppressed the urge to roll her eyes before saying, "it's just fatigue, from the journey."

"Oh" Sara and her eldest daughter, Maryam, said unanimously as the latter tried hard to stifle a little laugh. They knew better.

"Take a warm shower and sleep then, you'll be fine." Aidah suggested, planning to hear everything later.

"She's been sleeping throughout the journey. Except when she woke up to eat or when we stopped to pray." Nooria said and appeared from nowhere, she wasn't in the room earlier.

"Sumayya get food for them." Aidah said to her maid and she did as ordered.

"Thank you." Jasmine whispered as Sumayya dropped the warmers.

Opening one of the warmers, Jasmine's nose scrunched up in disgust.

"Any problem my dear?" Nooria asked.

"I can't eat this food, the aroma is so yuck." Jasmine said and closed it immediately before rushing out of the room to the bathroom.

"Mummy is she pregnant?" Aidah asked out of curiosity. Nooria just shook her head and lipped a "no".

"I don't understand." Aisha said and looked from one of them to another. Sa'eeda made a face that told Aisha to calm down and whispered "later" into her ears, oblivious to Sara and Maryam.

It was the day of the naming ceremony and the baby was named after his maternal grandfather as he's Tahir's mentor.

"Allah ya raya Usman(Zunnurain)Tahir."

"Masha Allah. He looks very much like his father."

"I'll soon get married. So keep him for my daughter."

"He looks as beautiful as you Aidah."

"Wannan kyawun baban sa yayi. Tabarakallah."

With that and even more praises and prayers from people, alongside gifts. The day was tiring yet thrilling that even Jasmine enjoyed it, she had to go to the backyard of the house when she was getting suffocated inside, besides, it was night at around 9 and the breeze was cool outside, she went there, stargazing.