Chapter 21

...the next thing she knew was her system went off. "Jasmine!"

Muslim called and held her before she reached the floor. "Don't close your eyes, you'll lose consciousness." He said as he patted her cheek. Everyone around was looking at the scene.

Jasmine also needed to be conscious for her brother at that moment so she struggled to keep her eyes open but it felt like she was failing woefully.

"Water," Jasmine whispered, barely audible as her eyes almost closing but opening with the little force she was applying. A doctor handed Muslim a bottle of water. He effortlessly opened the cap and fed her.

"You okay?" He voiced and she nodded.

"I need to go home, Zayn needs me." She said as her eyes turned glossy.

"You need medical attention Jasmine." He opposed. She ignored his words and used him as a support to stand up.

"She needs to stay here." Came Dr Liliana's voice.

"We'll come back later please." With that being said, Muslim walked with his wife out of the hospital leaving everyone stunned. He should've waited for her to relax and get better.

Jasmine did her best to stop her tears which worked, she saved it for whatever is going to happen at home.

"I told Zayn not to tell you, that you— he swallowed a lump, "—we are not in the right state of mind to handle the drama, our little affectionate family is stressed because of us; you and I. But he said being in the wrong state of mind would be better because no one has the energy to rant, be mad at him or hold grudges against him. I guess I agree with him." Muslim said his little sorry through the usual atmosphere for both of them—visceral

"So you knew all about everything?" She asked him in her drained voice, not sparing him a glance as she rested her head on the headrest.

"Yes. Everything, I had wanted going to the nikkah too, but I didn't."

"Why?" She had no idea why she was having a conversation with him but she did.

"I wanted us to go together, to use that as a cue to travel around the world. Just when I thought things were getting better but things were not written as that easy."

"Why don't you ever blame me?" She blurted after a while of silence.

"Why would I blame you? Everything that happens has been written zillions of years ago, neither I nor anyone can change that."

"You mentioned traveling around the world, his wife is white?"

"Well, yeah."

"How could you know all these and never told me?" She finally looked at the side of his face.

"When you were not sparing a split second to hear me out? You weren't even picking my calls madam" He tried to sound casual but she could hear the melancholy that was laced with his voice and she just kept quiet.

"Are you okay?" He asked. He had been dying to.

She only nodded then hummed when she realised his attention was on the road.

Shit is getting really bad, I might not even come back today. Sorry for the inconvenience, Jasmine texted Hafsat, noticing her cracked screen from earlier when she fell.

What happened Jay? Where are you? If you need me I'll be right there. Hafsat replied.

Don't worry I'll be fine, my husband is with me. She deleted that and typed, Muslim is with me we'll take care of everything. She tapped the send button.