Chapter 13

..."get up, go freshen up and relax. We'll talk tomorrow. Just don't think too much." She said to him and watched him retreating away from her sight...

*

"Kulu you can't believe this. I was dumbstruck when I saw that he was the one, now I don't know how or what to do, I seriously can't live without him." Aisha said to her friend, Hauwa(Kuluwa) over the phone.

"You know all is fair in love and war, so to me I see no problem in it. Just shoot your shot baby, you're beautiful, you can do it. But what about your current fiance?" Hauwa said from the other end.

"Forget about Bashir, it's not like he truly loves me. Kulu I'm afraid this is going to cause conflict between me and her, the bond between us is beautiful I don't want to ruin it. I'll be considered a betrayer and I don't want that." Aisha said, all worried.

"Betrayer my foot! Coward more like. Ruin what Aisha? You're not being good to yourself, she's married to your brother for heaven's sake! Or are you wishing that one day she'll leave your brother and marry him?" Hauwa yelled through the phone.

"No! He's mine."

"So do what pleases you, since it's not haram."

"You're a life saver." Aisha cooed.

"Whatever, we'll talk later. Haydar is on his way, we'll discuss our wedding preparations and I'll visit you next week or whenever I'm less busy." Hauwa said. She heard an ‘okay’ from Aisha before hanging up.

Clearly at the hospital, Aisha's ‘knight in shining tuxedo’ happened to be Sadeeq. She didn't know how to go about it but she really had developed a surge feeling of love for him right from the time she saw him. She had even planned their future and everything. In the midst of her imaginary scenarios, she found out that he's the ex of her brother's wife and she was still in love with him. What the heck!

"Ayshuuu." Sa'eeda said appearing unexpectedly in Aisha's room making her to scream and jump in fear.

"Oh my Allah! You scared me Sa'eeda." Aisha said with her hand on her chest as if trying to calm her palpitating heartbeat.

"What do think about watching a horror movie tonight?" Sa'eeda teased and gave Aisha a wink.

"Heck no!" Aisha quickly answered. She's afraid of horrors.

Chortling, Sa'eeda said, "I was joking ma'am. Just wanted to see your reaction. You look like you've seen a ghost already."

"Sa'eeda stop. By the way, what are you doing in our house this early morning?"

"Mrs Muslim dropped me and she proceeded to the hospital, she'll stop by when she's back. And guess what?" Sa'eeda said in amusement.

"Good news insha Allah. It shall be broadcasted to you very soon before I leave this house today." Okay, Sa'eeda was trying to unleash the curiosity out of Aisha.

"My curiosity won't let me. Tell me or I snatch Khalid."

"If you can snatch him then I'm fine with it." She laughed demonically. "Let's go and meet Hajiya." With that, they all walked to Fatima's room with smiles on their faces.

They met her reciting the holy Qur'an so they had to wait for her to complete the verse she was reading. She carefully closed the Qur'an and whispered some du'as in her palms and rubbed on her face.

Smiling at them, she said to Sa'eeda, "ah ahn. Yar aljanna."

"Good morning Hajjaju." Sa'eeda smiled too and sat next to her.

"How've you been? It's been long since you came." Fatima said and patted Sa'eeda's back gently.

"Fine, alhamdulillah. I had to persuade sister before she could let me."