Chapter 26

..."marry her I said, marry Ummulkhayr."

*

Razzmatazz field the environment, cheerful indistinct conversations and brouhaha was coming from all angles of the house. Not that there was too many people there, just an average number of people that came to share the joy and celebrate with the bride and her family.

Well, you can't say, you can't testify that every single person in that house wishes nothing but good to that family, that's why we have our azkar to seek refuse against any evil, ask for Allah's protection, among the rest.

The duo that entered passed by many groups of people, some were chattering, some bickering, some arguing, some cracking jokes, some conversing, some silent, some snapping pictures, some on their phones and lots more. They greeted the groups they thought were necessary and proceeded inside.

"Come with me to maa's room." Sadeeq voiced after they were fully into the house and the noise was lessened. "It's just Mina and her two friends there." He added.

A smiling Aisha followed suit, trailing behind Sadeeq. Entering the room, the noise seems to have died down.

They said the salam and ambled inside. A sad looking bride looked up and them then broke into tears at the sight of her brother then went to him and gave him a tight hug.

"I don't want to leave you." Amina's voice came out broken.

"I don't want you to leave me either." Sadeeq swallowed the lump in his throat and resisted the urge to cry. "But you can stay if you want to, Muhammad will understand." He chuckled.

"I love him just too much to do that." She pulled away and pouted too. Aisha watched the brother and sister duo in awe.

"If you don't want, we'll call off the wedding." Safiyya, Amina's friend joked.

"Why would you call off the wedding?" A dramatic Ruwaida played along.

"Because she's sad." Safiyya replied.

"Oy yeah you're right. Come sit here." Ruwaida patted the space next to her for Aisha who smiled at her and went to sit.

"I'm not sad." Amina defended. "Well, I'm actually sad, it's mixed emotions." She clarified.

"Look at me, Mina." Sadeeq's masculine voice came. "Are you sure you want this?"

She nodded as tears continue to form in her eyes.

"Then do it, I wish you all the best. I'll be coming to visit you, and you will as well, innit?" Sadeeq smiled at his younger sister who nodded.

"If Muhammad makes an attempt to hurt you, I'm one call away, I'll make sure to disfigure his face. I'm giving him my heart so he should treat it with care." He kissed her forehead and she hugged him, sobbing.

"This is so emotional, but, the makeup! You'll look like a smudged cake." Safiyya yelled and Amina pulled away.

"This is Aisha, you've always wanted to see her so I brought her to you, have a good time while I go finish some stuff." Sadeeq told his sister then winked at Aisha, causing them all to gasp and awwn.

"You're the worst friends ever and I'm never missing any of you one bit." Amina mumbled to her two friends and hugged them.

"Note the sarcasm Sofy." Ruwaida laughed and the other two joined.

Let's check Amina's social dictionary a little.

Friends?

No.

Never.

Since her beloved father went missing, and her mother turned cold, she had been so distant, hence, she lost her friends. Safiyya was the only one that stayed-why not, they lived just a house away-while Ruwaida was the one that found goodness in her during her remedial at tertiary institution. And they always had her back.