Chapter 09.

...Nooria said and gave her daughter a smile, then hugged her...

Time flies faster than anything else but for Jasmine and Muslim, time was going too slow for their liking and there was nothing they could do about it, they really want to obey their parents and make them happy but their hearts were not allowing it, anytime they try to be nice to each other, the names, "Sadeeq" and "Ummulkhayr" would pop in their heads respectively making living together hard for them.

Muslim was getting to be better since he knew Ummulkhayr was never going to come back, just that Jasmine was not giving him the chance.

"Good morning best friend." Muslim greeted from the door and Jasmine just nodded.

"Why are you not ready yet, have forgotten that you're going for therapy?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Nope, I just don't want to go, I don't feel like." She replied him while making sandwiches for breakfast on the kitchen island.

"No." He said dragging the 'o' and ambled into the kitchen. "You have to go, you don't have any valid reason, do you?" He was already standing beside her.

"I do. The whole place and the people there are irritating." She said a little loudly as her nose scrunched up in distaste.

"Don't say that Jaz, you really have to go, for your own benefit." He said and held her shoulders to make her look at him.

"What benefit are you talking about? That shit is of no use." She said, rolled her eyes, slinged his hands from her shoulders then got back to her work.

"No Jaz, you don't understand it, it is going to help you but you won't understand till the end." He was speaking gently, trying to convince her.

"Oh my Allah, it has been fifteen weeks, fifteen freaking weeks. Did you see any change?" She ended her question arms akimbo which made Muslim to chuckle.

"Yes Jasmine." He smiled and she shook her head.

"Muslim you're not me, you're not experiencing what I am. You're not feeling what I'm feeling so you don't have the effing right to say anything about it or judge me. Did you get it? Who do you even think you are? I gave you the chance to be my friend not for you to be putting your nose in my life. You forbid me from working and now you're forcing me to do what I don't want to. What in the name of Allah is wrong with your head?" She was already furious.

"Jasmine?" He called.

"What?" She yelled.

"It's nothing." He said and calmly sauntered out of the kitchen. Immediately, Jasmine felt bad so she finished her business in the kitchen and followed him to his room.

She didn't bother to knock, she just turned the knob and went in, she met him standing by the window with his hands in his pocket looking at God know what.

"Muslim?" She called in a calm voice but he didn't answer. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." She said slowly as she slowly approached him. Yet again, he didn't say anything.

"I'll get ready to go to the hospital." She said again in that tiny voice, then, he turned to look at her.

"Okay, I'm outside." He said emotionlessly and walked past her, his hands still in his pocket. She got dressed in an ankara sewn into a blouse and straight skirt of sombre shades of gold with touches of black and blue, she wrapped a midnight blue Chantilly veil around her body and complemented her looks with black Vinci bag and flat shoes as she isn't a fan of make-up, she just applied face powder, eyeliner and lipgloss. Her dress looked good on her fair skin.

She traipsed outside and saw him standing by the door. When he heard her footsteps, he didn't bother to look at her, he just proceeded to the car. Halfway through the drive to the hospital Jasmine spoke, "I don't know you to be holding grudges." He didn't respond. "I don't like you acting like this." She said again but still got no reply.