Chapter 27

..."how dare you, Sadeeq?" She rose to her feet and walked away.

It's been two days since that incident and the henna party. Sadeeq didn't exactly tell his mother and sister why Aisha left. She'd been refusing to answer his calls neither was she replying to his messages.

If you would ask him, he would tell you he just didn't know how it happened, but he did it in his right senses, he knew that. He just desperately wanted to make her feel at ease and calm.

Realisation hit him that he had been in love with her and he was just ignoring it, if not, he wouldn't have attempted to even touch her.

He didn't even try doing that with Jasmine. She wasn't as–as irresistible

The previous day was the ‘Feast’ which was held alfresco in their vicinity but he faked a headache to dodge, he didn't really fake it though, he had severe headaches.

Today, the nikkah was going to hold at 2pm. If anything, Amina was super excited and not a weeny bit nervous because Muhammad never gave her a reason to doubt him and she knew, or she thought, she was going to find peace with him till eternity like she'd never found anywhere. If there was anything Amina felt close to nervous, it was the good kind of nervous.

He had been her safe haven and best person in her life although they would sometimes fight which is only natural among people that share an affectionate relationship, be it family, platonic or romantic relationship.

As the sounds of drums and trumpet filled the atmosphere of the house–due to their royal title–indistinct chatters were heard from all angles and the whole environment held energy and bliss just like every other nuptial celebrations.

"Congratulations in advance!" Safiyya beamed as she entered Maimuna's room, where the bride-to-be, Amina, was. She sat on her mother's bed, dressed in an ankara sewn into a gown and draped a matching veil around her before she would dress in her gown for the nikkah photoshoot and lastly lafaya which she was going to her matrimonial home with.

"Thank you." Amina thanked with the same enthusiasm.

"I've never seen a bride that is never tensed on the day of her nikkah until today." Ruwaida laughed as she followed behind Safiyya.

"Neither have I." Safiyya joined.

"You girls should sit and stop looking at me that way." Amina rolled her eyes playfully.

They sat on the bed also, talking about everything and nothing with Ruwaida talking less and being on her phone most of the time.

Amina noticed a couple of times when Ruwaida would look at her phone, impatiently shake her leg and bite her lower lip like she was nervous or in pain.

"Are you okay?" Amina inquired and Ruwaida vehemently nodded her head indicating yes.

"It's just headache, but I'll be fine." Ruwaida smiled.

"I'll go spend time with Sadeeq, I'll come back by 12 noon."

"Okay." They chorused and Amina wore a nude floor length hijab to avoid attention.

Amina placed light knocks on Sadeeq's door as she said the taslim and waited patiently for him to answer before she twisted the doorknob and sauntered inside.

"Do you plan on avoiding me all day, until I leave?" Amina joked.

"I'm so sick, Mina." He rose from the bed, dressed in a white t-shirt and porpoise grey sweatpants

"Good morning." Amina greeted and smiled, probably forlornly.

"Hey what's that in your eyes?" Sadeeq said enthusiastically. "Looks like someone is missing me already."