Chapter 17

...she thought things were alright but it was just her that problems gave her a break.

Waking up, Jasmine felt her body aching, probably from the long journey and at the same time she was having cramps. She yawned and stretched as felt pains striking through her joints, she held her tummy and hissed before muttering a dua. She couldn't even sit up.

"Rise and shine sleepy head." Muslim's voice came from beside her. She turned and saw him resting his back supine on the headboard, looking at her.

"What are you doing in my room? On my bed for that matter." She strictly phrased from her laying position.

"Looking after my wife." He rejoined and moved closer to her face.

"Divorce me." She vocalised in form of a whisper.

As if being pushed by an invisible force, he quickly moved away from her face. He smiled and inched closer to her again. "I'm not doing that," he said in a low husky voice.

"I'm leaving you then." She said in a carefree tone.

"Have you forgotten what Islam says about what you're demanding?"

"I haven't. And I'm going to do just that, just set me free." She talked in a low but threatening voice but he smiled knowing he holds everything.

"Let's forget about this topic, get up and eat." Muslim smiled demonically and she had no choice but to keep shut and abide by what he said.

As he was feeding her, an idea came to her mind and a ghoulish smile played on her lips.

"You said I should tell you what I want in a man." She stated and he hummed interestingly.

"I want a man that wants whatever I want. That's ultimate to me."

Chuckling, he asked, "so what do you want now?"

"Divorce!" She whispered.

"You're sick Jasmine."

"I know. I hate you..." She started her play. "Just leave me alone. It's Sadeeq I want, he is my the love of my life, I'll marry him and we'll have children and grandchildren! We'll live happily every after till doomsday. That is my dream and let me fulfill it! Let me love him as much as..." She yelled on top of her voice when a slap landed on her right cheek and she stopped. Exactly what she planned to have.

"I hate it when you talk about Sadeeq." He gritted.

"I love Sadeeq, I love Sadeeq.." another slap visited her right cheek. She held it in pain and cried happily. She yanked her floor length hijab and wore it over her nightwear before storming out of the room, leaving him immobile.

She took her car key and ran out. She sped up as fast as possible immediately the gateman opened the gate because it made a sound and that made Muslim alarmed. She knew he would come to check but it was too late, she had already hit the road.

"I hope this works." She told herself. "But this is so painful. Is his hand made of rock or what?" She kept talking to herself until she reached home.

Immediately she drove into the vicinity, she started her crocodile tears and ran deeper inside, banging the door like a maniac.

"Who the hell is that?" Sa'eeda said and went to open the door. All eyes were on the door with palpitating heartbeats ready for the worst. Opening the door all of them gasped.

"Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun. What is this?" Nooria was the first to speak, seeing the right side of her daughter's face swollen and red.

"Mummy Muslim. I cannot do this anymore, enough of the maltreatment." She cried and hugged her mother.