My mom seems to have been in the shop and tried to sneak past us without disturbing us, but something fell out of the bag she was carrying.
She tried to pick it up slowly, avoiding looking at us like a child when it's in trouble.

'What are you doing?' I laugh at her

'Damn it.' She sighs. 'I didn't want to disturb you, but the bags are working against me.'

'Well, Jimin, this is my mom Sumi. Mom, this is Jimin. My boyfriend.' I mean, no escaping it now.

'Hello. Nice to meet you.' Jimin stepped away from me, bowing to my mom

'Please, don't bow.' She laughed. 'Nice to meet you, too.' She then turned to me, 'You were right. He is very handsome.'

Jimin snickered at me, biting into his lip.

'Don't.' I warn him

'I didn't say anything.' He kept giggling, raising his hands in defense

'Well, seeing how you're all here, come on in. It's pancakes time.' My mom smiles at both of us

'Let me at least help you with those. They look heavy.' Jimin was surprisingly calm, taking the bags from my mom to help her without even giving her a chance to argue

'I- okay then.' She laughed. 'No choice left, I suppose. Let's get inside. No point freezing out here.'

I mouthed "sorry" to Jimin as we were walking inside, but he just winked at me, getting me all flustered. I really don't understand him sometimes. I thought he'd become bright red or something, but instead, it's me. And it's my mom. Fuck me sideways.

'Thank you for sending that message last night. I would have died of worry.' My mom says to Jimin as she's taking the things out of the bag

'I didn't know what else to do. She fell asleep on the couch with my brother, and I didn't wanna wake her up.'

'Oh, the younger brother, was it?' My mom smiles at him

'Yes.' He looked at me a bit questionable, and she noticed

'She kinda told me a lot. I did see you two together before, but at least that time I managed to sneak past.' She snorts. 'But she did tell me about you. Something about being in love with you and-'

'Okay, okay. Got it! Stop it, mom.' I cut her off, making both of them laugh

'No, no, keep talking.' Jimin giggles, being the teasing little shit that he is

'You're too comfortable and I don't like it.' I joke, only making him smile wider, watching his eyes hide behind his cheeks

'It's nice to see the reason behind her smile lately. Thank you for that.' She sounded earnest telling him that, smiling at him

'I'll try and keep it there.' He smiled back at her

'I think it's working.' She snorts, gesturing at me

I had to slap myself a little to get rid of the dumb grin on my face as I was just gawking at him. As embarrassing as it is, at least it made him giggle.

'Can you start making those pancakes instead of embarrassing me, please?'

She raised her hands in defense, chuckling at me. 'Okay, okay. Got it.'

Somehow I doubt that.

-----

'Sorry about that. I didn't mean to throw you into this.'

He was at my place for a few hours, and my mom was surprisingly more than okay. Didn't do anything stupid or say anything insulting. And he was more than relaxed, which I never saw coming.

'Nothing to be sorry for. To be honest, I'm kind of happy about it.' Those rosy cheeks that I haven't seen in a while have made a return

'You... you wanted to meet her?'

'Maybe.' He muttered, looking down a little. 'I want to be with you for a long time. I thought it might be a good idea to know your family and all.'

He wants to be with me for a long time.

I took him a bit by surprise when I placed both hands on his cheeks, pulling him down and kissing him deeply.

'What was that for?' He was looking into my eyes, still a bit confused

'Why didn't you just say so?' I smile at him. 'I thought you might be too shy to meet her, so I didn't ask.'

'It's not something I can just ask. It's a bit weird. And fast. We just started dating.'

'Jimin, you can ask me anything. You know that. Besides...' I slip my hands behind his neck, 'I want to be with you for a very long time, too.'

He suddenly crouched a bit and decided to pick me up and have me wrap my legs around him.

'Jimin!' I squealed and then started laughing, not expecting him to do something like this. What a maniac.

'I'm so happy.' He spun around twice, then attacked my face and neck with a million tiny kisses, making me giggle and laugh. All I could do was hold on tight and enjoy his happiness, dealing with the fact that we're looking like idiots in the middle of the street. 

'What got into you?'

'I'm happy. I've got the most beautiful girlfriend, and she wants me just as much as I want her. What's not to be happy about?' He was blushing a little, but his smile almost managed to hide the peachy colour

'I'm happy, too. You have no idea.' I lean in, kissing him on the cheek and hiding my face on his shoulder. 'You are the best thing that ever happened to me.'

He only held me tighter, pressing his hand to my back to keep me closer. 'I'm never letting go of you. I promise.'

'Pinky promise?' I pull away and put my pinky in front of him. He smiled, wrapping his around mine.

'The pinkiest of promises.'