Partners

Y/N

I entered the class room and headed to my usual sit but Gary wasn't here and we usual walk in together but I didn't see him today so I just expected him to be here a little early "why didn't you come over? I was up all night waiting for you" Mary says as I get snapped out of thought "I forgot all about, when I remembered it was all ready to late" I say "why didn't you call and tell me that?" "Because I had just gotten home when my grandma told me that you called but I went to sleep" I say as she gives me a face like she's not buying it "why are you so upset? You want to study? Because usually you find it boring and I find myself just reading to you" I say as she sits in Gary's sit "it's just the principle, a call would have been fine" she says as she gets up crossing her arms and moving back to her sit, why do I feel like I'm in the wrong here?.

"Ok lady's and gentleman quit down now" Miss. Moore says as she stands in front of her desk" we will be working on a project for the next two weeks" she says and I think...I've never had a project in Biology before "the project will be about you and your partner breaking down what each part of a plant of your choice , like for example you and your partner might have picked a tree and you and you must tell me every thing you know about and what you have found out about" she says "I will be assigning you all a partner, first starting off with Joseph and Linda, Gary and Carol, Y/N and Mary, Peggy and Nancy, Timothy and Ann, Keith and Ricky, Jeff and Bonnie, Dale and Alan, Jean and Ruth" she says as she ends the name calling, I get nervous when I hear that me and Mary are going to be around each other more then usual.

"So we're partners" I say as I try and spark a conversation between her and I but she plays with her pencil as she bounces her leg on one "Mary you alright?" Jeff says as he bumps me out of the way but still no answer from her "what did you do to her you negro?" "I've told you once before about the name calling and nothing I just got over here" "and I've told you once before what are you going to do about it?" He says but Mary raises her hand "may I go to the restroom?" "Well yes you can Mary" Miss. Moore says as Mary gets up and walks right passed us "now look what you've done nerd" he says as he walks away.

"Mary wait!" I say as I run to her but she doesn't stop "what's your problem? Every since earlier in class you've been acting very distanced" I say but still no answer just her walking at a faster pace "was I not telling the truth?" "You don't understand" "then help me understand, I know what I did was wrong of me and I said sorry so why are you still mad?" I ask and she stops completely so I do as well "because......I-" "Mary I've been looking all over for you" Jeff says as he comes up in a Cherry red 1953 mustang convertible "why did you leave with out letting me know?" He said as he gets out "did she make you leave?" "God! no Jeff just...can you take me home?" She says as she walks around the car and gets in "well sure" he says as he gets on as well, I was going to say some thing about the project but they pull off before I can say anything.

"So she just left you there?" Robert said as he shines some old man's shoe, I shack my head yes as he gets done with shining the man's shoe done  "that's gonna be a dollar" he says "I got you next week alright lil man" "you said that last week that this week you were going to pay me, so you owe me two dollars so pay up or I will get my pops involved" he says with his hand out, before he gives him his money he makes a face like he was pissed off "see you next week James" Robert says as the man began to storm off "she got in the car with him and everything" I say as I sit in the seat that the man was previously sitting in "look she's missing out on a good thing and if she can't see that that's her lost" he says and I nod "your right, forget her, he can have her" I say as I get up from the chair "now that's what I'm talking about" "but she's still my partner" I say as I sit back down "can you get a new partner?" "No" I say "look if she tries to do those things again to you you say no and tell her to focus on the project ok?" "Ok" I say.

"Mary's on the telephone" my grandma says as she enters my room, I stop doing my homework and get up "did she says for?" "No, just that she wanted to speak with you" she says and I nod, "hello?" "Hi Y/N it's Mary" "I know my grandma told me, now what do you want?" "Well first off I wanted to apologize for my actions today and ignorance's, it's just I have a lot on my brain and I just can't maintain them"  she says with a chuckle but I still wait  for her to finish "your forgiven, is that it?" "No, I waited to see if I could come over your house and work on our project" she says and my heart drops "mmy house?" "Yes if you don't mind?" "No I don't" "I just figured you aways come over to my house study how about I come over yours" "yeah" is all I can say "so this Friday?" "Yes Yes of course" I say anxiously "well ok Y/L/N see you tomorrow" "see you tomorrow" I say as we hang up "well" I say as I lean my back against the wall.