Enrollment

Y/N

"Are we still on for tomorrow night?" I ask Robert "of course, why would I miss the House of Wax" Robert says as we stop at my stoop "alright see ya later alligator" I say as I walk up my stairs "after while crocodile" Robert say's back as he crosses the street "hey grandma I'm back" I say as I go into the kitchen "hi sweet baby, have a seat we need to talk" my grandma says "ok" I say as I sit and my grandma places a plate of peach cobbler with a glass of warm milk in front of me "I went to your school yesterday" "why? was it something bad?" "No nothing like that, it's actually wonderful news" "then what is it grandma?" "So your teacher recommend that you go to this school called Mount Washington, because your grade level is though the roof and this will provide you with better options for college" "wait what?" "Look I know this is a big decision but it's the right one" "grandma I'm fine where I am, I like my school" "I know baby but this is a great opportunity" "where is this school?" "Washington Heights" "that's like 15 minutes away from here" "I know it's a bit of a way but you have to do this" "ok, can I just think about it" "yes of course" Doris says as Y/N gets up.

"Washington Hights?" I say as I sit on my bed "what about Robert? am I going to have to make new friends?, what if they don't like me? Is this even a all black school? What if they find out about it?" I say as I finish worrying but the thoughts never leaves, what if they find out?

As I get out the shower and rap my towel around me I stop and look down for a bit "why did this happen to me?" I say as I remember my mother's words "THIS IS NOT NORMAL!" I snap out of it as begin to walk out of the bathroom and begin to get ready for bed, I have to wear male underwear to contain it, as much as I tried to avoid wearing man underwear there was just no hope, it felt uncomfortable so my grandma told me to wear male underwear " knock knock, can I come in?" I hear my grandma says and I hurry up to put on my pants "come in" I say and she does "want grandma to tuck you in?" She asks and I nod "ok" she says as I lay down and begin to get under her the covers "I don't want you to stress yourself over this ok?" She says and I nod "the decision is yours, even though I might not like your decision but it's your life" she's says and I smile "love you" "love you too" I say as she kisses my forehead.

Doris

"Bye grandma, see you later" Y/N says as she rushes down the stairs "wait one second miss lady" I say and Y/N stops "yes?" she says as she walks over "you forgotten something?" I ask and she nods no "my suga" I say and she kisses me on the cheek "ok now scram" I say and she does so.

"Hi I'm here to see Thomas Washington?" I ask the lady in the front desk "and what must I ask for?" She says "to see about enrolling my granddaughter in to this school, so if you please may get Mr. Washington" I say before a man comes out of his office "Miss. Y/L/N it's a great to finally meet you" he says as he holds his hand out for me to shake and I do "I'm Mr. Washington, I hope my assistant didn't give you any problems" he says as he looks at her "no not at all" I say "well follow me" he says.

Back in 1920 when I was still living in Florida I babysat 3 white children, the Oldest was David Washington and The Second Oldest was Carol Washington while the Youngest was Thomas Washington, even though I looked at all of the kids as mine because Ive been with them for so long but me and Thomas where really like mother and son, we did everything that his parents couldn't doing with because his father was always working and his mother would be doing other things around the house, but It was time for a change in my life, so I packed up and moved to the big apple, I mean there was nothing really life for me in Florida other then the Washington family, my mother and father died from old age and I've never had any siblings, but I made the decision to leave Florida and move to Harlem.

When I found out that Mr. Washington was actually the little Thomas I used to take care of I cried "so what have you been up to Thomas?" I ask as I whip tears "well after you had left my father died from cancer and then David went on to carry on my father's legacy of going into war but he sadly died, while Carol on the other hand moved to Kentucky to be a stay at home mother but we still keep in contact" he says "oh little David" I say in shock "yeah we didn't not take the new well, so what about you?" He asks.

"Oh not a lot, after I moved to Harlem I met a wonderful man and we had our lovely daughter" I say while keeping it brief "oh that's great, so where is she now?" He says "well she met a a young man and they had my grandchild, Y/N the one I want to enroll into this school" I say "yes Y/N, I see from her records that she really intelligent....this is outstanding" he says as he looks at the records "yes Y/N has been like this since she was young, her reading bed time story's, attending in spelling bees" I say "I see....ok here is what I can do, have Y/N come to the school next Monday and we can give her a tour of the school " he says "oh thank you Thomas" I say as I get up to hug Thomas "No problem Doris, how did you get here?" He says "by the bus" "let me take you home I insist" he says "well if you insist" I say.