Lupin resigns

Our time limit has passed we had been successful Buckbeak was saved as was Sirius Black. But now we were in a new morning and we walked into Lupin's office. When we got there his office looked empty and he looked like he was packing.

He said he had been expecting us. And then more or less gestured to the map since he'd taken it from us when he was helping us about not being in trouble with Snape. Turns out he causes lots of problems for lots of people.

When we were worried about the fact that the shelves and things looked bare we thought he got fired. And his appearance looked horrible though he told us he looked worse. Somehow I believed that much but I didn't like it all the same.

And even more so I was disappointed that he had resigned. This was upsetting for lots of reasons. I wanted to keep learning from him he was teaching us so much and he could help me with my vampire powers. Though that seemed a little ironic.

My vampire instincts were always running high when we were in the same room as each other. And I'm sure it was the same way for him. But we had never not liked each other. Other than Draco and his friends and our aunt uncle and cousin I don't think I hadn't liked anyone.

I didn't like people that put Harry in danger or were mean to me and my friends and to Harry. And I wished I could use dark magic on these people. But I would be in trouble for many different reasons. Either for using under age magic without a mentor in front of mortals or with worse people that could really do damage to me and my loved ones.

Despite the different rules that protectors followed. If he was leaving I guess I still technically had Cedric but I was the only one that knew the truth minus maybe Jack. But I also knew he probably wouldn't be there for long so I didn't want to get too close to him and then lose him as well.

I knew he didn't belong here. It wasn't Forks. But he was here to help me. If that was true how come we haven't hung out more? How come he didn't reach out to me right away like as soon as I got to Hogwarts? I am so afraid of my powers and how powerful I am.

I have no control over any of it. The school helps me with my wizard powers and how to be as powerful as I'm meant to be and use it for good. But mermaids are evil in this world except for me and vampires when was the last time someone heard of them in this realm/universe?

I had a werewolf and "black dog" that was kind of like a werewolf via Sirius Black. I should be wanting to fight them but I'm also not all vampire. It was probably good for me to be around a werewolf to be able to learn to control this part of me so that it wouldn't be my dominate side.

I didn't know what I was gonna do. I could hear my heart pounding in my chest. And he offered me more chocolate. I think he could tell I was kind of panicked. He reassured me that I'd be fine that I was stronger and smarter than I thought and could control myself better than I felt that I could and had a good support group behind me.

He told me I didn't need him and I would survive. Why are you leaving?! We asked him. But it was pretty obvious someone let slip of his condition and we thought it had to be Snape since he was there that night. To be honest I was surprised I didn't have detention or had gotten in trouble. At least not yet or as far as I know.

He felt it didn't matter since the owls would be sent out tomorrow and that once the parents hear about this that no one's parents would want their kids to be taught by someone like him. It made me wonder if people knew about me and what I was. Did they think I was dangerous that they thought I'd go down the wrong path and hurt people or the school and cross to the dark side and start working for V-?!

What if people wanted me kicked out expelled or suspended or worse killed?! Get rid of the threat before it becomes a threat?! Like if someone went back in time to kill V before he became V! You don't need to panic he told me. You will be ok I have all the faith in the world with you. And your friends are at your side they love you and will help you through whatever you struggle with.

But Dumbledore?! We exclaimed. But he told us that he had already risked enough on his behalf he said people like him had gotten used to it. And then he asked us before he went if we would tell him about our Patronus. Harry said he thought maybe it was a horse or a unicorn.

But Lupin said it was a stag and that our father used to transform into one and that's how he was able to help him when he would get sick. He told us that our father was a good friend. And was not surprised that mine was a dog. Said not only did it fit my personally (since that's how I found out what's what mine was) but mentioned Sirius Black.

While he wasn't directly family it still somehow made sense. As much as just about anything else did around here anyways. Trust me I believe that you will be ok. He places a hand on my shoulder. But I have so much more to learn from you. Not just as a vampire but as a student as a wizard.

Why wasn't Harry fighting this more? It wasn't like him to not argue and fight! I tried my best not shed tears I was so frustrated mostly because I didn't have my False Mist on me right now. He saw I was upset but wasn't sure what else he could do for me at this point. He smiled at us and picked up his suitcase.

And then he turned to us and told us that there were stories about our parents and that some of them were even true. And that the best way to get to know them better was by getting to know ourselves better. But that didn't make any sense. How could find out more about them by learning more about ourselves. Then he had this twinkle in his eye as he raised his wand and pointed it at the map saying mischief managed we watched the map go blank and when we looked up he was gone and I was mad!