How can you protect everyone else if you can't protect yourself?

I'd found a spot to sit at where there was no one else. An area I'd found that looked like it wasn't played on or walked through as much as everywhere else. And I was glad I was wearing my False Mist right now otherwise I'd be in my mermaid form.

I wasn't sure where my brother was or where Hermione or Ron were and a moment before I wasn't sure where Jack was. Not until I felt his presence sit down next to me. Hey Snow he called out to me as he sat down.

Are you ok? He asked me. 'm fine. I mumbled wiping my tears away. I was leaned up against a tree tears fell down my face my knees were up to my chest my arms wrapped around them my sleeves balled into my fists. Pieces of hair blocking my sight.

No you're not he shakes his head back at me as he sweeps my hair to the side. Then why did you ask? I pulled my hood up over me. Formality. He admits wrapping his arms around me. I flinch for a moment as he frowns back at me.

He starts to pull away but I wrap my arms back around me. I'm sorry I mumble. What for? He cocks his head to the side. For flinching. You don't need to apologize about silly things like that. Although after the weekend we had I understand why you're all jumpy.

Yeah and I-I had fun. I sniffed wiping fresh tears away. But? But it's all fun and games till someone gets hurt. But I don't understand. He says as I relax in his arms as he holds. The twins were right. I sniffed again.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up he wipes my tears away. That sentence should not even exist. Jack how did you find me? I asked him looking up into his eyes. Harry said he hadn't seen you all day. And neither had the other two. So I used a charm.

Now start at the beginning. Because I'm so confused. And when the twins are involved I know its a long story waiting to happen. You were there Jack you know what happened. Ok but again "The twins were right?" Is not a good sentence.

So, we were over at the Weasley's. Uh huh. He nodded along. And.... And there we all were (outfit  17) sitting around the house being welcomed by the whole family. We all had spent the weekend at the Weasley's. They were such a nice welcoming family.

Always welcoming everyone from everywhere especially Harry and I. The two of us were sitting on the couch eating a snack their mother had prepared and Harry sat in the chair next to us. And Ginny was in the room too.

Like I said everyone was there. Hermione was reading a book but that wasn't surprising to anyone. And Ron was laughing his head off. And why? Because Fred and George were tickling the bloody 'ell out of him. Harry and I starred on in IDK what.

Almost like it was something we had longed for. Not that Harry and I hadn't tickled each other on occasion. But we had to make sure to keep the noise down if we didn't want any trouble. And usually him to me. But they were a family.

We'd never had something like that before. It looked like bloody torture but also a lot of fun. We'd never had more than just each other to gang up on us and tickle the snot out of us until we were sick to our stomachs. Ron has lots of brothers.

Poor Ginny she's the only girl. The boys decided they needed to include Ginny and torture her too. And she was hysterical. Harry and I watched on as if we had been silently begging to be apart of this family game. The twins seemed to sense this.

After some time they had let their own siblings go and ganged up on Harry. It wasn't long before he was a squirming worm at their mercy. And then one of them said.... I wonder if your big sister is ticklish too? Ay Harry? And of course a part of me wanted to run for the hills.

But the other part of me that seemed to long for interaction like this wanted to see where this was going. And because I hesitated they attacked me too. They saw as I flinched not used to anything that playful and to be honest its a bit overwhelming.

Unless its one on one. So there we both had been being tickled out of our wits by the twins at their mercy. They'd seen me flinch and had frowned I think they knew I thought they might hurt me or possibly scare or scar me. It was a process.

I can't tell any of them apart but it was slow entertaining process of tickles and encouraging of how they weren't going to hurt me. That much I trusted. They took it slow and easy at first easy into it. Until one of them was tickling me and the other Harry.

It felt good to let go and be free and laugh to my heart's content. And I even tried to playfully push at their hands. A playful beg for help. That's when you got into the picture you tried to play the game said you would protect me.

Just moments before they attacked you as well. And like I said it's all fun and games till someone get's hurt. They said how can you protect everyone else if you can't protect yourself? At the time I knew they were teasing but they were also right.

I wanted to cry I wanted to bite at them kick and hit them. Show that I was done playing but it was hard to much less scowl at them or to be mad at them or hurt them with all my powers weakened from their tickling. So I didn't let it phase me.

Until we got back.... And it's all I've been able to think about since then. Because they were right. I'm a protector we're protectors its our job. How can I protect everyone else especially my brother if I can't protect myself from even something as small and as playful as tickle attack from the twins?

Farrah you can't take what they said to heart. He brushes the fresh tears from my eyes. But Jack they're right I say again. You carry too much weight on your shoulders with this whole protector business. You can't take on everything on your own or at once.

Harry is a strong brave wizard he's fine on his own. But he shouldn't have to be alone. I sobbed curling into him my head against his chest. And neither should you. He brushed my hair to side pushing down my hood.

You'll use up all your strength trying to be so strong. You don't have to face your fears alone. I am with you every step of the way. Can't you be a damsel in distress just once? No I shake my head never if I let my guard down again I might get killed or worse Harry or any of you.

Let us all worry about that. He laid his head on mine. We're a team we'll do things together or not at all. And like I said before I will protect you. He kisses my forehead. Always. I close my eyes relaxing into him as he does the same closing his own.