Before the last stroke of midnight

The 3 of us wake up in the hospital wing that same night after all of us were brought back to the castle. Hermione was pacing back and forth worried about us while Jack and Cedric wanted her to calm down told her we'd be ok. The curtain gets swept to the side. She is happy to see that we are all ok. Ron had a bandage wrapped around his leg were he was bitten. He lay opposite of Harry while I lay on the other side. Harry Farrah. She calls to us both. I saw our parents he calls out to her. Both of them he says. The rest of us exchange confused glances. And then he said he saw them at the lake across the lake from him. They sent the dementors away he claimed. You saw them didn't you Farrah? IDK I shake my head.

What do you mean you don't know? He turned his head toward me. I mean I saw figures that looked like them but Harry they're still dead. I watched them die. V- killed them. If we had been found covered in their blood they would say were born of blood and we may had been serial killers. Though being a vampire probably isn't much a different or a mermaid in this world. I'm sorry he turned back to me. I know Harry. I don't blame you I shake my head again. It was bound to happen at some point. But no matter what I will always protect you. No matter how much you would hate me or wanted me to leave you alone I will always protect you whether because it's my job or because you're my brother and I will always love you even if you stop loving me.

I'm sorry he says again. It's ok Harry I know. I know you didn't mean it. Listen Harry Farrah they captured Sirius they're going to preform the dementors kiss any min now. Hermione warns us. The kiss? He asks while I look afraid. It's what dementors do to those they want to destroy. She begins to explain. They clamp their jaws over the victim's mouth and suck out his soul. They're gonna kill Sirius?! He asks. No I take over. It's much worse than that. You go on living but you have no memory no sense of self you're just an empty shell. You sound like you know the feeling? You've never been kissed by one. He turns back to me. No not exactly but sometimes it feels that way. Sometimes I feel like I have no sense of self. Not knowing who or what I am. Am I a monster or a protector? Different things to different people.

For the most part vampires are monsters and in other worlds mermaids are monsters too. Most worlds actually. But some vampires don't drink without consent some heal you after they bite you some only drink from people who are already dying or people who deserve it. Most just take what they want. Those I've met they drink only animal blood they don't burn in the sunlight they sparkle. Silver doesn't bother them or crosses or anything really. Like the kind that I am. And some places mermaids blend in with humans they're only mermaids when they get wet and have legs on land. Like the kind I am. But I can also do magic as I'm also a wizard. I'm meant to be a protector but I'm also 2/3s monster. And some wizards become monsters there are such things as death eaters after all. More on that later you're not ready for that much.

It wasn't long before Dumbledore came in to see us. We told him how they had the wrong man that we knew the truth. Headmaster you have to stop them they have the wrong man! Hermione took the lead. It's true sir. Harry started. Sirius is innocent. I finish. It's true Ron agrees it was Scabbers who did it. Dumbledore was confused by this name. Ron tried to explain but Hermione cut him off. It point is we know the truth you have to believe us. He told that he did but that the word of 3 13 teenagers two "14" year old's and one.... How old are you Cedric? 17 sir. Yes now I remember. He nods. But the word of children will only convince so little. A child's voice no matter how honest and true is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen. And then a shooting star crashes as he looks out the window. A shooting star he exclaims if one was going to make a wish now would be the time to do it. But that time was exactly our problem. Then the clock struck midnight. He told us that time was a mysterious powerful thing. And that when meddled with is dangerous then he told us that Sirius black was otherwise in the highest room in the tallest tower in our case the dark tower. ;)

Then he turned to Hermione and said that she knew the laws and must not be seen. And that we would do well to return before the last chime. And that he feared there would consequences if we didn't. He felt that 3 turns should do it he thinks he said. He also felt that if we do it right we would save more than one innocent soul tonight. He hands the 3 of us some chocolate. And then the says that he finds retracing his steps would be helpful and wished us luck. And then I saw it. You have a time turner. I exclaimed. I always wanted to use one. Where did you get one? I want one. Where on Earth did you find one? All answers to questions will be answered soon. But for now she puts the necklace over mine and her and Harry's heads since Ron couldn't walk and the clock keeps dinging. Be careful Cedric and Jack call out. Soon we're going back in time.