Chapter 8: The Lab

Start from the beginning

As the trailing continued, this would lead Alex into the city as he would hide behind corners whenever he got too close to Rita.

He saw her take down many patrol bots along the path as she kept walking along to god knows where.

Once she was far ahead enough, Alex resumed tailing her as the two walked across a bridge until suddenly Rita stopped as Alex hid behind a barrel.

He took a peek and saw Rita trying to contact someone on a device.

After a bit it seemed like it had failed as Rita began to type something instead.

'Looks like she's sending a message.' Thought Alex.

Once the message was sent, Rita continued walking along as she went up a couple of ladders to get some kind of vantage point as she then just sat on the ledge surveying something.

After a bit of waiting, Alex eventually realized that she wasn't gonna go anywhere so he decided that now was the time to go confront her.

He approached and climbed up the ladder, reaching the same vantage point as Rita.

Right as he arrived, Rita had gotten up to leave as she saw Alex standing in front of her.

"You followed me? My my, you're such a bad kid~." Said the girl in a teasing tone.

"What're you doing? What's your plan?" Asked Alex.

"Do you really distrust me that much?"

"Absolutely."

The two remained quiet until Rita had a small giggle as she resumed speaking.

"That's a fair assessment to have, though I highly implor you reconsider since I know where the Herrscher is." She said as Alex gasped.

"Y-You know where Kiana is?" He asked as Rita nodded.

"Indeed I do. However, if you want that information then I suggest you help me out with something first." She said.

Alex groaned, knowing he had no other choice but to accept.

"Okay fine whatever. What do you need my help with?" He asked.

Rita smiled as she then stood next to him.

"I'm sure Kiana's told you by now what happened down in that basement. I was hit by a knockout gas. The gas took a severe toll on my body and has hindered my abilities somewhat. You're gonna help me find a cure that'll help me reverse the effects of the gas." She explained.

"Where are we even gonna find this cure?" Asked Alex.

Rita simply patted Alex on the shoulder and beckoned him to follow her.

"Heliopolis' BioMedical Park."

[TimeSkip]

[Location: BioMedical Park]

Unlike the Industrial Facilities, this place had boat loads of security outside the main building as patrol bots filled pratically filled every corner.

"Huh. Looks like they beefed up security a ton here." Said Rita.

"I'd assume after the mess we caused at the Industrial Area, they wouldn't wanna risk a compromised entry so they put as much security out here as they could." Said Alex.

"Indeed. Regardless, we gotta go inside. Come on." Said Rita.

The two began their trio towards the lab's entrance as they sneaked past lots of patrol bots with a few being taken down in swift fashion by Rita.

They were taken down in such a quick manner than even Alex himself was impressed with how quick the maid's reflexes were.

Eventually the two would enter the building as they would walk into the lobby with Rita noticing something odd on a statue that stood there.

"Hmm. A cut mark. Looks pretty fresh too." Said Rita as Alex took a closer look and also saw it.

"Oh yeah you're right. Maybe Kiana was here?" Asked Alex being optimistic though Rita just shrugged.

"Who knows. Don't get your hopes up kid." Said Rita as the two continued on and entered an large open hallway.

All over the area, scuff marks and dents on the railings and floor showed clear signs of a fight having taken place here.

Though that was on Alex's mind, he decided to shrug that off for now and keep focus on helping Rita with the cure.

The two continued on and eventually arrived at what Rita knew as the Pharmacuetical Lab which is where she expected clues of the antidote to be at.

Papers cluttered the floor as Rita came across one on a desk as she smiled.

"Bingo. The computer's right over there and this paper contains to the password to access it." She said as she turned to face Alex. "Go do a patrol around to make sure no one comes here. I'm gonna be busy."

Alex nodded as he walked out of the lab while Rita approached the computer and began to go to work on finding clues about the cure.

The boy went back in the open hallway and looked everywhere to make sure that no mechs were hiding in plain sight.

As he looked around, the idea of a fight having taken place here previously only grew stronger in his head.

'Kiana. If you really had come here, then why? What was your plan.' He thought to himself.

After a bit Alex felt like it was safe enough to head back so he made his way back to the lab as he was about to tell Rita that the coast was clear.

As he approached the large computer, he stopped dead in his tracks as he saw not just Rita kneeled down at the computer's keyboard, but also someone standing right behind her in a very obvious attack stance.

Due to it being dimly lit, Alex could barely tell who it was however once his eyes got adjusted, he made out a clearer picture as what he saw suprised him.

It was someone very familiar to him.

Someone he hadn't seen in over six months.

"M-Mei?"

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8: Complete